The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

1 hour ago, Kowabunga said:

Florentino "I am delighted that Cristiano has 5 European Cups, just like me."

Lol. 

The worst thing about this is that it'll be made about Ronaldo when he didn't do much in the game. Just like he was pretty crap for Portugal at the Euros and then winning it became about him.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Me. No way would i want that to be a big money signing to bolster our attack. We're still in a developing phase and not looking to bring an old guy that would demand a first team place. 

I think his appeal would be limited to clubs who are at a certain point of their cycle approaching a drop and just hoping to stave it off a bit longer. 

As a minimum his age affects his appeal.

The problem these days is that if you consider Ronaldo or Messi anything outside the top 2, you'll get looked at funny like me in this thread.

What I said was controversial but I very much stand by what I said, and its good to see I'm not the only one who thinks you can do with better, even if what you said isn't the same as what I said.

• Subscriber
On 5/25/2018 at 22:28, Lucas said:

I've a sneaky feeling with all the hype and build up of Salah v Ronaldo, Bale will steal the show.

Well fucking played my man.

HAhahaha just beautiful, it couldn't have gone any better. Keeper chucking in two goals, liverpool fans turning on their keeper and not a single player consoling him 'you'll never walk alone', ramos shithousing again -love that, idiots turning on CR7 because he didn't score.. he was the the CL top scorer with 15 goals FIVE more than anyone else. He has had another incredible season and will more than likely with the ballon d'or again. That wil be 5 out of the last 6 ballon d'ors!! Remember when people used to tweet that picture of Messi with his ballon d'ors and CR7 had a couple? CR7 will overtake him if he wins this years. As for Bale, what a goal, when you talk about the greatest goals of all time, that's got to be up there.

Sergio Ramos is just a born winner, undoubtedly the biggest cunt in football history, but fucking hell he is a winner. He will do anything to win and has no shame, part of me hates that, but part of me respects that. I don't think he meant to injure salah like that, but it was very cynical, he also elbowed Karius in the face and then dived about 5 times. At the end of 90 minutes everyone calling him a cunt, but that cunt is lifting the biggest trophy in club football again and he's won the fucking lot, multiple times at club and international level.

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

HAhahaha just beautiful, it couldn't have gone any better. Keeper chucking in two goals, liverpool fans turning on their keeper and not a single player consoling him 'you'll never walk alone', ramos shithousing again -love that, idiots turning on CR7 because he didn't score.. he was the the CL top scorer with 15 goals FIVE more than anyone else. He has had another incredible season and will more than likely with the ballon d'or again. That wil be 5 out of the last 6 ballon d'ors!! Remember when people used to tweet that picture of Messi with his ballon d'ors and CR7 had a couple? CR7 will overtake him if he wins this years. As for Bale, what a goal, when you talk about the greatest goals of all time, that's got to be up there.

Sergio Ramos is just a born winner, undoubtedly the biggest cunt in football history, but fucking hell he is a winner. He will do anything to win and has no shame, part of me hates that, but part of me respects that. I don't think he meant to injure salah like that, but it was very cynical, he also elbowed Karius in the face and then dived about 5 times. At the end of 90 minutes everyone calling him a cunt, but that cunt is lifting the biggest trophy in club football again and he's won the fucking lot, multiple times at club and international level.

Wouldn't have been a bad post if you didn't keep saying CR7

Lucky or not, many of these Real Madrid players are legends of the game. What they achieved yesterday and in the last few years may never be repeated. Zidane is certainly also doing something very right here.

As for Sergio Ramos, what a shit-show by him yesterday, a cunt, but to be honest he would probably be a fan favourite of most people if he played for their club. The type of player you have to hate but love if they're on your side. His will to win is incredible and that is his only focus in a match, not personal glory.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Spanish sides have won the last 17 European finals they played in xD

Last defeat was Valencia against Bayern in 2001.

La Liga is a class above. What chance did Liverpool have when Sevilla absolutely pissed all over the second best side in the prem.

41 minutes ago, Machado said:

Lucky or not, many of these Real Madrid players are legends of the game. What they achieved yesterday and in the last few years may never be repeated. Zidane is certainly also doing something very right here.

As for Sergio Ramos, what a shit-show by him yesterday, a cunt, but to be honest he would probably be a fan favourite of most people if he played for their club. The type of player you have to hate but love if they're on your side. His will to win is incredible and that is his only focus in a match, not personal glory.

That's with the thing with Sergio Ramos. If you play against him you hate his guts, but God does it help to have him on your squad. It says a lot that the closest Real came to getting knocked out was when he was absent from the defence (home vs. Juventus).

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

La Liga is a class above. What chance did Liverpool have when Sevilla absolutely pissed all over the second best side in the prem.

English football fans will often use the excuse that the Europa League holds less prestige in England than it does in Spain. While that may be true to an extent, nobody can tell me Arsenal this season weren't dead-set on winning that trophy this season with Wenger's exit, and they stood absolutely no chance against Atlético.

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

The worst thing about this is that it'll be made about Ronaldo when he didn't do much in the game. Just like he was pretty crap for Portugal at the Euros and then winning it became about him.

Ronaldo was awful, some small consolation for Liverpool fans.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Karius' shitness is taking away from Bale's goal, best in a final ever? 

Mandzukic’s last year was pretty special, as was Zidane’s vs Leverkusen. They’re a definite top three for me, in what order, I’m not sure. 

18 minutes ago, Panflute said:

English football fans will often use the excuse that the Europa League holds less prestige in England than it does in Spain. While that may be true to an extent, nobody can tell me Arsenal this season weren't dead-set on winning that trophy this season with Wenger's exit, and they stood absolutely no chance against Atlético.

It's more about top English sides who go out to teams they shouldn't go out to. 

Zidane's is comfortably better imo. Although overhead kicks are amazing ofc, they're still something you see every now and then - Bale's wasn't even the first in a European final.

On the other hand, a weak-foot volley from the edge of the box from that kind of awful, dropping ball is a completely unique goal.

Complete absence of class from Liverpool's players and staff in letting Karius 'walk alone' in the darkest moment of his career. 

That was truly painful to watch - I can only hope those 'professionals' have better people around them than themselves if they have howlers in future games. 

Incredible that Real Madrid, with twats like Sergio Ramos and Ronaldo, were able to leave a football pitch as the participants with the most class. 

Only Real Madrid would be fortunate enough to come up against such awful goalkeeping in a Champions league final, especially for that first goal. Jesus!

The Bale overhead kick was excellent though. One of the great Champions league final goals. Real Madrid should be building their attack around him with the way he's been playing since coming back from injury.

There it is. The man himself said it. 

Puyol: Four Champions Leagues in five seasons for Real Madrid means Barcelona must reflect on their priorities

If there's one thing to be learned from the Final (wasn't a well-played game by either side at all, unlike last year's) it's this: ONLY Barca can beat Madrid in a Champions League Final. Such is the gulf in quality between the major European leagues now: La Liga is leagues ahead of all others. This is an indisputable fact.)

The Bayerns, Juve, PSG and even City have consistently been proven to be unable to beat Madrid in the Champions League. Only Barca stands a chance.

I reckon Madrid may have had only 1-2 Champions League titles in the past 5 years rather than the 4 they currently have if Barca had made the Champions League their priority like Real Madrid always does. 

Just look at the aggregate head to head results in recent years. Barca have OWNED Madrid in recent years. 

Look, I don't think Ronaldo will leave Madrid this year, but he absolutely will next year. He'll be 34 then. Top players don't stay at their clubs to or past 35 nowadays. (Even though Ibra did have a 2-year stint "semi-retirement" at Utd lol. He's the exception, obviously). 

All this is building quite nicely to THE Ultimate Showdown to determine who's the Greatest European Footballer of All Time and Greatest Club of All Time. Next year's Champions League Final in Madrid! If Madrid do win it again that'd be 4 Champions Leagues/European Cups in a row. NO other club has ever won it 4 in a row, ONLY Madrid in 1956-1960. Paco Gento has 6 European Cups to his name. With all due respect to him, but if Ronaldo wins it next year he would have 6 Champions League titles: the quality of football and fitness regimens etc etc nowadays far surpasses that of the 1950s 1960s. If Ronaldo do win it again it's be hard to argue against what the media would undoubtedly describe him and the team as: "The Greatest European Footballer of All Time in the Greatest Club of All Time".

In order for that NOT to happen, it's now literally A PRIORITY and OBLIGATION for Barcelona to see to it that Madrid doesn't win it again next year in Madrid. If they do so it'd be an absolute travesty from a Barcelona point of view. 

"If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." The likelihood is quite high that we'll finally get to see the El Clasico Champions League Final that everyone has been clamoring for all this time. The perfect setup and setting too, in their backyard of Madrid.

It would most likely be the last opportunity for the afore-mentioned El Clasico too, since Ronaldo will in all likelihood leave after next year. 

Istanbul as the venue for the El Clasico Champions League Final just doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Look at the Real Madrid Tee. It's quite clever, the way they have 13 superimposed over an 18.  (Also, 1st time 3 CL in a row)

You just know they'll do "14 in 19 Hala Madrid in Madrid"  and "1st time 4 CL in a row") if they do win it all again next year in Madrid!

All the more reason for our beloved Barca to stop them at all costs! If next year isn't the time for Barcelona to make the Champions League an absolute priority then when is??

real-madrid-2018-champions-league-winner

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/05/26/5b09d6e9468aeb78598b465b.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/05/real-madrid-2018-champions-league-winners-tee-collection.html

• The topic was unpinned

Archived