The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 2 - 20 June - Portugal 1-0 Morocco, Iran 0-1 Spain

football forum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

the 2 sides of Pepe there.

The great defensive side of it getting a very important block to deny Morocco an equaliser.

Then the petulant, petty, diving, fake injury side he's also well known for. Frustrates me!

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Morocco pulling a Peru here. Dominated the match but can´t finish their chances.

Yep, very worried that could happen to us tomorrow.

Morocco is the first team eliminated in the World Cup. 

Interesting stat, Morocco had 28 shots and no goals in 2 matches.

If Spain beats them and they don´t score a goal, that´s probably the best team to be eliminated with 0 points and goals.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Morocco is the first team eliminated in the World Cup. 

Interesting stat, Morocco had 28 shots and no goals in 2 matches.

If Spain beats them and they don´t score a goal, that´s probably the best team to be eliminated with 0 points and goals.

I'd say the fact you dont score in that many efforts is a pretty damning stat, finishing is a key part of the game.

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Morocco was the better team today, all they needed were 1-2 players with some decent finishing skills. Shame. 

They stick with Jamie Lannister as their coach, can see them coming back in 2022. 

They really are lacking quality strikers from being a top side. 

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'd say the fact you dont score in that many efforts is a pretty damning stat, finishing is a key part of the game.

4 shots on target in 90 minutes against ours 2 is poor considering their 2nd half dominance. It's very bad really.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Good point. You´re right.

A look at the position of their shots in those two matches. 13 shots inside the area, no goals. This is awful. 

DgI6zHxWkAA-xT3.png:large

• Administrator

I'd have serious mixed feelings there if I was a Morocco fan. Portugal were there for the taking, chances were created, played the better football, could have won the game if finishing was better. But ultimately it's not good enough and they're knocked out :/ 

• The title was changed to Group B Matchday 2 - 20 June - Portugal 1-0 Morocco, Iran 0-1 Spain
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived