• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Heatwave

football forum

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

+42 is the highest temperature I experienced, but I had AC running in my hotel room, so no problem sleeping, and I spent the rest of the days in bars, so it wasn't that bad.

+47 is mad though, take care Andre.

On 03/08/2018 at 10:11, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s been hot as fuck here, and the “summer” here basically goes right up until winter - there’s no real autumn, it just gets hotter and hotter.

Almost everyone here has air conditioning though, myself included, so it’s not quite as bad as when it gets really hot in England because I can escape the heat. I just hate going outside though because I feel like I’m melting.

San Diego is not hot at all normally. Average max temps in the hottest month are 25.3C, average mins don't even reach 20 in any month. Hot as fuck for me would be 32C+ in a very humid place like here, which actually feels like 50-53C.

Humidity-chart.gif

6 hours ago, ASF said:

47.º C, at the moment, where I live. 

Been refreshing myself every 20 minutes. Doing this, the day has been surprisingly bearable. 

Wow that  is hot. Are people working in that?

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

San Diego is not hot at all normally. Average max temps in the hottest month are 25.3C, average mins don't even reach 20 in any month. Hot as fuck for me would be 32C+ in a very humid place like here, which actually feels like 50-53C.

Humidity-chart.gif

Yeah it’s pretty mild generally but I feel like I am melting at not that high of temperatures, so it’s hot for me.

Last year our August-October was definitely averaging more than 25 though, we’re being told to expect it again too.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Might seem a stupid question, but you do actually live in Porto right? My folks over in Gaia are having mental weather so assume that it's exactly the same for you. 

Keep drinking/vasaline-ing :banana:

No mate. District of Santarém. One of the hottest ones in the country.

7 hours ago, nudge said:

+42 is the highest temperature I experienced, but I had AC running in my hotel room, so no problem sleeping, and I spent the rest of the days in bars, so it wasn't that bad.

+47 is mad though, take care Andre.

Cheers Inga. :)

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Wow that  is hot. Are people working in that?

Yep. 

I'd like to say that I survived through the day. It took a lot of water, to drink and refresh my body, but this mad day is finally behind us.

Tomorrow, it will be a cooler day, with 'only' 44.º C. 😥

It's been like living in a hoven these last few days. Amazing. 40% of the country broke the temperature record.

I don't mind it hot but at above 42°C it gets a bit uncomfortable I have to say 😄

Better today though, and from tomorrow on the temperature will drop massively.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In Imperial, CA (out in the desert) they just recorded California’s hottest rain ever. 48 C and rain

Does that rain even help with wild fires? I'm surprised the water doesn't evaporate in the lowest kilometres of the atmosphere.

Pretty hot today under the sun but because the heat was quite dry today it was decent in the shade.  I spent most of the day in a local pub called The Canonbury Tavern in their beer garden and it was really great with th kids.

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

bit hot today.

sweaty ball syndrome in full flow today.

That's when you need to Vaseline and talkum 😉

3 hours ago, Machado said:

Does that rain even help with wild fires? I'm surprised the water doesn't evaporate in the lowest kilometres of the atmosphere.

There’s not much wildfire in the southern desert, it’s basically just sand, mountains, and cacti.

• 3 years later...

I remember the UK heatwave of 2018. Was weird that we were hitting these temperatures in the first place. But it was for a prolonged period, we've not had that in Manchester for years.

Was 2018 a worldwide heatwave?

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I remember the UK heatwave of 2018. Was weird that we were hitting these temperatures in the first place. But it was for a prolonged period, we've not had that in Manchester for years.

Was 2018 a worldwide heatwave?

What a random thread to bring back at this time of year.

• Subscriber

I don't like hot weather as I have mentioned in here many a time before, anything over 26/30c and I get a migraine attack, one of the reasons I had to leave Australia and return to the UK and a cooler climate, the hottest I have experienced out in Aussie land was 48c in the shade.

• 9 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 26/07/2018 at 00:58, Guest said:

How are you all finding the heatwave?
I really like the heat but work in a kitchen and some days my uniform is covered in sweat. Also my flat back onto a hill and the heat just stays there. But I'm still enjoying it. This is probably the most consistent heat we have had in England since 2003. I'm trying to do more cycling but I do it in the evening when it is cooler and I do any workouts in the evening as well.

I think this was posted by our missing-in-action member (Cannabis, a friend of @Whiskey :whistling:) but was this heatwave as bad as the one we are having right now?

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I think this was posted by our missing-in-action member (Cannabis, a friend of @Whiskey :whistling:) but was this heatwave as bad as the one we are having right now?

Workouts? Cannabis? As if. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Father of my friend died of heat stroke a month ago, sudden death had no medical condition or so. Without air conditioner this weather is pernicious for older people.

At least 15 people died while waiting in the queues for fuel or cooking gas for days in the past few months here. Exhaustion + scorching heat, really horrible. 

Archived