talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Luiz - Chelsea Defender Signs For Arsenal

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to David Luiz - Chelsea Defender Agrees Terms with Arsenal
  • Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah reports are that he’s forcing it. What the actual fuck? 

Even now one of our better correspondents is saying he’s pushing for the move. He signed a new deal a month ago! O.o

Does he not have faith in Frank's managerial abilities? 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Frank might not want him?

Maybe not but isnt it kind of late in the game to be doing that? And, selling a defender to a club that you're competing against? 

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Maybe not but isnt it kind of late in the game to be doing that? And, selling a defender to a club that you're competing against? 

Yeah, Lampard would be off his rocker to want him to leave or be indifferent to the departure. Chelsea can’t sign this window and that would be a massive blow even if I don’t particularly rate him at all as a defender. 

On the one hand I don't think Luiz is that great of a defender, so I don't know if that addresses Arsenal's defensive issues. On the other hand, I think he'd probably be Arsenal's best defender so it addresses the issues a bit I suppose.

Weird that he'd force it though.

Got to say that's a surprise... never saw that coming, don't know what to make of that.. I know some are saying he is forcing a move but it's just possible that Lampard might be the one pushing for this... It does not sound like he was being difficult but maybe not being part of the main group was due to him potentially moving on.. something they obviously knew about in advance of the rest of us.. 

Luiz, who is is under contract until 2021, did not take part in first-team training with Chelsea on Wednesday.

The 32-year-old was present at their Cobham base and did not refuse to do anything - but was not involved with the main group.

David Luiz is a player who you rate very highly one minute, like very highly, then next he can leave you scratching your head and seriously wondering why you thought so highly of him beforehand. This description of him would suggest maybe he was inconsistent but he's not really inconsistent either. He's a very hard one to judge and divides opinion among Chelsea fans. Everyone loves his character but his playing ability has always divided opinion, some love him, some are less keen. I've always defended him and been a fan, I'm not saying he's a top, top player but I think he's decent. My evaluation of him is that he's a good player / defender but not in that top league. 

Anyway, it's sad to hear what's supposedly happened.

Lampard made it clear in his initial presser that he wants nothing to do with players at the club that aren’t committed. 

Sad it has to end this way, but I can see Lampard urging the club to sell him. 

18 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

David Luiz is a player who you rate very highly one minute, like very highly, then next he can leave you scratching your head and seriously wondering why you thought so highly of him beforehand. This description of him would suggest maybe he was inconsistent but he's not really inconsistent either. He's a very hard one to judge and divides opinion among Chelsea fans. Everyone loves his character but his playing ability has always divided opinion, some love him, some are less keen. I've always defended him and been a fan, I'm not saying he's a top, top player but I think he's decent. My evaluation of him is that he's a good player / defender but not in that top league. 

Anyway, it's sad to hear what's supposedly happened.

100% agreed. He is a player of contradictions. He can appear to be simultaneously the best and worst defender in the world. Reliably unreliable.

• The title was changed to David Luiz - Chelsea Defender Signs For Arsenal

Archived