Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham

Head to Head Record
Arsenal - 77 wins
Draws - 50
Tottenham - 58 wins

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly can't call this game to be honest. If Ndombele was for I'd be more confident for Spurs, but with how open they've been at the back and the direct approach Pepe has brought to the team, he's gonna be a handful.

I've written a preview for this if anyone is interested? Would love some feedback, good or bad to help me improve.

https://footyfiles.net/2019/08/30/match-preview-arsenal-v-tottenham-who-has-the-upper-hand/

(If this isn't allowed let me know.)

This one’s tough. Spurs have looked a bit... poo lately. Which is weird. I didn’t think Arsenal were great against us by any stretch of imagination - but surely they won’t play like that at home against their local rival?

If they do, I think Spurs will see a lot of the ball and if they don’t make mistakes I think Spurs will get a lot of chances. If that happens, I think Spurs will win because if you put that defense under constant pressure you’ll get golden chances.

But I think Emery should look at Spurs and see blood in the water and should strike like a shark. If they keep the ball and go at Spurs, I think they’ve got the firepower to get the 3 points against Spurs. Although I don’t think Arsenal will keep a clean sheet against Spurs.

First time the front 3 starts together. Big game for Lacazette needs to prove he can do the business, can't keep accommodating him over Auba up top if he is not performing. Xhaka as well, won't get two better midfield partners for his role. Unfortunately going to miss this because of work, just hope we get the win. 

• Subscriber

Arsenal being a massive Arsenal and Tottenham take the lead. Sokratis goes in to challenge Kane for no reason when Guendouzi is already between them, Luiz gets done easily and Leno rolls Lamela's tame shot directly to Eriksen.

• Subscriber

What the fuck was that from Xhaka? 

Kane doubles the lead from the spot.

It's far too early in the season to draw major conclusions but it's so so hard not to look at this and just say it's going to be another season of the same old Arsenal.

Who do they have to come into the side? Is there a first choice centre half missing that I've forgotten about? And don't try and convince me that Holding or Chambers are going to make all the difference to this back four. Tierney will be an upgrade at left back but it's not enough.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived