talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netflix vs Amazon Prime

football forum

• Subscriber

Like any app Netflix has reached a stage where saturation was bound to happen. When you've got that much content and no discernable way to push it to your users in a way that engages them this is what happens. I use Netflix really just to watch documentaries which they don't even suggest to me even though its pretty much all I watch on there now. Instead I get a top 10 in your country BS list which I wouldn't give the time of day to anymore. They fix that and start to work better with distribution laws and I honestly think they can regain viewership.

Disney really put a nail in their coffin because some of the better short series were all Marvel and while we may think "Who wants to watch Marvel" its really what grew their userbase super fast with shows like Daredevil. I wouldn't even put Strange Things into the bucket of good on there anymore. I fully expect Disney to go the same route in about 2 yrs, the only benefit Disney has is that they have a user demographic that Netflix hasn't been able to successfully grab ... kids under the age of 13.

• 4 weeks later...

Netflix does have a lot more content than Amazon Prime. Especially in the documentaries department. Better shows on there as well.

As for there being too many streaming platforms now, I can see a few giving that up in the future and just licensing their content to the bigger platforms. They won't all survive.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

For me recently the 2 big hitters were Money Heist and Ozark. Netflix may need something on their level again.

The last season of Top Boy is due out next year but other than that it's defo run dry of good boxsets.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Will add it. Asked my uncle and the muppet suggested something called Mindhunter. Not my thing, couldn't get into it.

Mindhunter was great! It's a big shame they never managed to get that 3rd season done, because Fincher was busy with other projects. :( 

• Wow 1

• 8 months later...

Are you all still subscribed to both of these streaming sites? Prime isn't an issue as I use my brothers account so it'll always be there. I ditched Netflix 3 weeks ago. Truth is for me there is just nothing on there anymore. The last really great show for me was Ozark but that's over now but Topboy was good.

I decided to subscribe to Apple TV+ and Lionsgate. I only wanted Apple for a month or two because I wanted to watch Silo and Hijacked. Have watched Hijacked and thought I'll start on the Power spin offs which are on Lionsgate. I thought there was only Power Ghostbook but to my surprise there is also a spin off with Tommy and a prequel with Caine. Lionsgate also has The Godfather Of Harlem which I've not yet seen and is highly rated.

Being honest there isn't much on Apple TV. I'll cancel it after I've watched Silo but am sticking with Lionsgate as it has a fair bit in my list.

Truth is my monthly cost for Apple and Lionsgate combined is only £2 more than Netflix was costing me. So I can't complain.

I’ve got all the four major ones. I barely watch anything on them. Spending about £50 a month for nothing. Netflix are awful now, Amazon have never been up to much and there are only a select few things of both Disney & Apple. 

My Amazon subscription's biggest value is free shipping from Amazon tbh, as a streaming service it's not great. Awful awful UI, some good shows but also a load of shite. Netflix has the best UI of the streaming services but the only reason I've not canceled is because it's paid for by my wife's mobile plan. Netflix just doesn't have a lot of good content, tbh. Lots of shite but rarely anything I like. I think the Hulu, Disney, ESPN bundle is the best deal. You get a lot of decent content for less than Netflix costs. HBO Max is also better than Amazon & Netflix tbh.

Netflix are absolutely terrible now, not watched something properly on there for 6+ months. Had Disney+ on a 6 month trial with my phone and never used it, Prime I get via my Dad which is OK but again, nothing magic. Never used AppleTV. 

I got a fire stick a few months ago and tbh it's an absolute gamechanger, wouldn't look back.

52 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Netflix are absolutely terrible now, not watched something properly on there for 6+ months. Had Disney+ on a 6 month trial with my phone and never used it, Prime I get via my Dad which is OK but again, nothing magic. Never used AppleTV. 

I got a fire stick a few months ago and tbh it's an absolute gamechanger, wouldn't look back.

If you have 6 days where you not too busy. Get the Apple free trial just to watch Silo. Not seen it myself but it's meant to be really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I love netflix. With all the choice on there you only have to watch about 1% of it to get value for money. Maybe it doesn't have some of the great shows that some networks have but I can normally find something to watch and if I really want to watch something I just get the dvd so best streaming service for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 12/10/2023 at 22:04, MUFC said:

Anyone watching a horror/chiller for Friday the 13th?

Foot Fairy MARATHI

When a serial killer with a peculiar foot fetish begins to target women, a determined investigation officer will stop at nothing to find the culprit. Watch all you want. Gulshan Devaiah ("A Death in the Gunj," "Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota") stars in this psychological thriller.

This one right up your street @MUFC   xD

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Foot Fairy MARATHI

When a serial killer with a peculiar foot fetish begins to target women, a determined investigation officer will stop at nothing to find the culprit. Watch all you want. Gulshan Devaiah ("A Death in the Gunj," "Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota") stars in this psychological thriller.

This one right up your street @MUFC   xD

🤣

• 3 months later...

Today the ads kick in on Prime on both shows and movies. Something which Netflix have been doing for a while now. The ads are with the cheaper subscriptions, but you don't get ads with the more expensive monthly subscriptions.

What a bunch of robbing cunts.

• 2 weeks later...

Having both I think you need both to supplement each other,  as an example I was watching the new IT movies again,  Netfix has chapter 2 while Amazon has Chapter 1 so I don't actually get that it makes very little sense. 

That said I think Amazon prime is better,  and I am looking forward to the Fallout series.