talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-3 Lyon - Saturday 15th August, 2020 (Quarter-Final)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, binder said:

Lyon are better defensively than Man City, would have been Bayern winning with 8 goals vs City, now I expect bayern to lose 1-0.

You are having a laugh! xD 

Bayern will take Lyon to the cleaners and show Man City how it is done. That is no disrespect to the French club as they have done very well so far. But Bayern are a different class. Expect the ball swatting Lopes to pick the ball out of his net numerous times against Bayern. ;)

Just now, Happy Blue said:

It changed it's name to Wentworth High when me and Ben attended

It was when I was there. But it's now been changed to Ellesemere Park High School. My cousin attends, good days lol.

• The topic was unpinned
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's actually crazy to think that after all these attempts by City, we have still gone further than them in the Champions League and we've not even been in the sodding thing for 19 years.

Since his Barcelona days. Pep has had great players and resources at Bayern and City. But he just keeps failing in the CL. 

Why is this?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's actually crazy to think that after all these attempts by City, we have still gone further than them in the Champions League and we've not even been in the sodding thing for 19 years.

Haha that is mad.

It's totally irrelevant considering he's still won trophies and who he plays with but Mahrez has got to the same round in the Champions League as he did with us since going to Man City.

Also reminds me of Arsenal not winning a league since they beat us on the final day of the 2003-04 season and we've won it before they did again xD 

A couple of reasons for it this time.  One being you will never get an English team to play the Scottish short passing style, they just wont do it, either too dumb or too stubborn, or just not capable of doing it.  Try all he wants Pep will not get them to play the style he wants to play.  Also, there is an old saying in English football, probably goes back 100 years, maybe longer, that goes something like "You will never win a match with Kyle Walker on the pitch."

18 hours ago, Dan said:

The true scum of football are those trying to make it a closed shop. You decide for yourselves which clubs fall into this category.

I'm no lover of clubs like Leipzig but it's hard to get too angry at them to be honest.

I'm amazed a Leicester fan would take this view. Surely you see how clubs like RED BULL Leipzig, Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG are harmful to the all round game but most of all to clubs like yourselves. Nobody is saying that investment does not play a part, nor would I ever defend the selfish greed of clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool. But...clubs being backed by the best mates of despots (Chelsea), whole gulf states (Man CIty and PSG) or huge corporations (RB leipzig), it's just not what football should be. The more we can slow the advance of this kind of club the better. Leicester are surely one of the best examples of how to run a club without exorbitant spending and pursuing the virtues of sacrifice and patience.

I've been a bit incendiary with some of my comments, the problem does not lie with the Manchester City fans who travelled to York away 20 years ago. These people are the backbone of our game and I don't begrudge them anything. It's the whole system, the system which is increasingly becoming just an avenue for the wealthy to showcase their wealth and power. Football is perfect metaphor for our whole world now. So when the oil clubs get beaten, I can't help think it's a small victory for decency.

11 hours ago, MUFC said:

Since his Barcelona days. Pep has had great players and resources at Bayern and City. But he just keeps failing in the CL. 

Why is this?

I'm starting to think he is a UEFA mole, plays to win in England to avoid suspicion then plays bat shit crazy formations and lineups in the CL :cardY:  ..at the knockout stages he does his best to help the other teams O.o 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm amazed a Leicester fan would take this view. Surely you see how clubs like RED BULL Leipzig, Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG are harmful to the all round game but most of all to clubs like yourselves. Nobody is saying that investment does not play a part, nor would I ever defend the selfish greed of clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool. But...clubs being backed by the best mates of despots (Chelsea), whole gulf states (Man CIty and PSG) or huge corporations (RB leipzig), it's just not what football should be. The more we can slow the advance of this kind of club the better. Leicester are surely one of the best examples of how to run a club without exorbitant spending and pursuing the virtues of sacrifice and patience.

I've been a bit incendiary with some of my comments, the problem does not lie with the Manchester City fans who travelled to York away 20 years ago. These people are the backbone of our game and I don't begrudge them anything. It's the whole system, the system which is increasingly becoming just an avenue for the wealthy to showcase their wealth and power. Football is perfect metaphor for our whole world now. So when the oil clubs get beaten, I can't help think it's a small victory for decency.

I above all feel what's most harmful to clubs like us are the ones who want to create a closed shop at the top. I'm talking basically every 'elite' club, the ones who are having these 'secret meetings' to try and initiate a super league and what not. I find any club that falls under this category to be the true evils of the sport as they ultimately want to create an American style closed shop where only certain clubs can ever hit the summit. That above all is a threat to Leicester and others like us although the truth is I think we want to join that elite group, some of our own actions previously have concerned me, we were one of the clubs (along with the 'big six', Everton & West Ham) to vote in favour of an uneven TV distribution in the Premier League.

It creates a real disullusionment with the sport in general to me. Leipzig aren't what I want to see, a literal corporate club that doesn't even hide it, but I dunno, for all their flaws I'm not sure they're quite as guilty as wanting to create that closed shop just yet.

Sport should be competitive, I don't want scenarios where we actively look to kill off the competition.

59 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

I wasn't bothered about the CL this year and glad we are out. It's crap without crowds and the format change has turned it into a farce. Shame someone like PSG will probably end up winning it when they don't deserve it but then again no one will consider this a proper year so there will be massive asterix next them.

Is this a joke? You're glad your club isn't gonna win the Champions League?

Also if PSG win it, why would they not deserve it?

1 hour ago, CityTheBest said:

I wasn't bothered about the CL this year and glad we are out. It's crap without crowds and the format change has turned it into a farce. Shame someone like PSG will probably end up winning it when they don't deserve it but then again no one will consider this a proper year so there will be massive asterix next them.

9D8260D4-7357-4407-84D7-0EB8E3931409.png

Archived