talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 28th April, 2021 (1st Leg)

32 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

I think you're giving PSG too much credit here. Yes they were against the SL and pro UEFA, but I wouldn't call that integrity. PSG have been systematically vantaged by UEFA.

Back in the Platini days PSG should have been destroyed by FFP, but whereas poor clubs from the Balkan were treated without mercy, PSG never really had to pay any substantive amount. I bet it's mere coincidence that Platini's son Laurent had close ties to PSG.

And don't forget their scandalous match against RSC Anderlecht. 

Tbf, I hate PSG. And UEFA. And FIFA.

But I'm happy to see PSG take the lead here

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Don't forget Neymar. So sharp in the 1v1s. Utterly unpressable.

Agree. Best thing that happened to Neymar was Tuchel.

He's at his best in a more central position. It's a waste to leave a player with such vision and creativity isolated on the wing. 

Di María has also been great.

Excellent match so far, both sides playing some excellent football. PSG look so dangerous on the break with the likes of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria. I think the winner of this tie will probably win the whole competition. 

City shitting the bed again when it matters? Not been impressed with them in the first half. Foden has been burying those chances all season and should have drawn them level no doubt. Still not as bad Werner’s chance last night.

City seem to primarily threaten from pressing and countering, rather than managing to create from steady possession. 

But if PSG get through the press cleanly, there’s half the pitch waiting for Mbappe and Neymar.

The risk and reward is very entertaining. 

Good match. 

PSG's main weakness is their full-backs, City tried to explore it, especially on the Bakker side but their long-passes haven't been precise enough. 

One thing I didn't expect was PSG winning the midfield battle. But they've done it so far. Gueye, Paredes and Verratti with a great 1st half performance. On the other hand, I've been very unimpressed by Rodri. 

• The title was changed to PSG 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 28th April, 2021 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived