Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

West Ham To Sign Javier Hernandez For £16m

football forum

Yeah good signing. I thought he hasn't been great in recent times but that's probably down to injury. In his prime he can easily play for a top club.

Excellent signing if it goes through. Not a bad transfer window for the Hammers so far. 

No other player reminds me of Pippp Inzaghi like Hernandez does. Injury prone, but incredible movement in the box and a great finisher. This looks like a good signing to me.

Agreed - good signing and at 29 he isn't that old. Wouldn't go handing out a four or five year contract to this one though.

West Ham need this kind of striker though. A proper poacher.

They don't have a lot of options really. Ayew drops deep to get the ball, and Carroll loves it in the air. So Chicharito will offer something else and he's proven at all levels to bag goals.

And to be fair, he would compliment Carroll providing the latter was fit, feeding off knock downs and flicks. Plus you only need to look at Defoe to see that at 29, he has bundles of time on his side and can still do it.

And in this current climate, £13m? That's peanuts. Great deal for them.

Been talked about for too long so I'll believe it when I see it, but I hope it happens.

Edited by Large

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

West Ham need this kind of striker though. A proper poacher.

They don't have a lot of options really. Ayew drops deep to get the ball, and Carroll loves it in the air. So Chicharito will offer something else and he's proven at all levels to bag goals.

And to be fair, he would compliment Carroll providing the latter was fit, feeding off knock downs and flicks. Plus you only need to look at Defoe to see that at 29, he has bundles of time on his side and can still do it.

And in this current climate, £13m? That's peanuts. Great deal for them.

They got Calleri but he's fucking shit.

West Ham's best signing of the summer.

Nailed on to score against us in the Derby. His record against us is phenomenal .

5 hours ago, Berserker said:

They got Calleri but he's fucking shit.

He's gone. On loan at Las Palmas now.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Nailed on to score against us in the Derby. His record against us is phenomenal .

Which player are you, m8? 

A good sign in for West Ham, someone who can score 15/20 goals. Though looking through his record he's never consistently done it, scoring 20ish goals and then dropping to 10 or 13 the season after. But for £13m you cannot complain.

You'd think with this signing they'd be odds on for mid table and no relegation fight at least, but I can't see them out doing Southampton, Everton or the top 6.

God i hate that little midget, but he is a good player and will probably bag a few against us too.

10 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

How long has Andy Carroll got left on his contract?

He's got two years left.

• Upvote 1

Limited player. Positioning is his only ability and once he gets found out the goals dry up.

They are really pressing to get a europa spot

The question is can they click immediately with so many changes to their first 11....

An OK signing, he's 29 and never really been good apart from two seasons ago at Leverkusen and arguably his first season at United, the only two seasons he's hit 20 in all competitions (that Quesadilla league he came from doesn't count). 

Better than what they have there at the moment, though. 

Whilst he's been impressive in Germany I'd still be slightly cautious that returning to England may lead to a dip in belief and self confidence if I supported West Ham.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, Aaroncpfc said:

Whilst he's been impressive in Germany I'd still be slightly cautious that returning to England may lead to a dip in belief and self confidence if I supported West Ham.

Why?

Fair price i guess he will get goals for West Ham. I thought he was younger, truth to be told he has been around forever. At 16 mill surely a starter for West Ham.

On July 21, 2017 at 3:13 AM, HK85 said:

An OK signing, he's 29 and never really been good apart from two seasons ago at Leverkusen and arguably his first season at United, the only two seasons he's hit 20 in all competitions (that Quesadilla league he came from doesn't count). 

Better than what they have there at the moment, though. 

xD

He'll still probably bag a good 15 goals I think.

For some reason I thought he was gonna be one of the best players in the world years ago.  Seen a bit of him in the confederation cup. Not seen much of him recently is he any good? 

He was always a decent goal scorer but still limited. Players like Soljskaer and even Tevez had more to their game than just grabbing goals, need more for Man Utd but it'll do for West Ham.