talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

HAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀLAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀ

Madrid 

Death to Barca 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/05/2018 at 01:07, Eco said:

Just using your team. If that is strange, than ignore. The fact still remains the decade cut off works just right for this argument. 

in 12 years time - RM has 4 titles, Barca has 7

Very different from RM has 2, Barca with 7

Regardless, what RM has done is phenomenal, but Barca still is, IMO, the most successful club in the world in recent memory. 

I think the real story is how much madrid won in that 12 year span despite being pretty clearly inferior to barca for 90% of that period. 

16 hours ago, ASF said:

Atlético are not title contenders in La Liga, but the way they play, added with their quality, makes them difficult to beat over 2 games/a final.

Course they are title contenders. They have been Barcelona's closest contender this year.

On 31/05/2018 at 19:32, Marc said:

This is the biggest meltdown I've ever seen on a football forum.

You're talking like they've fluked a european cup like when Portsmouth one the FA Cup and had an easy draw on the way.. They've beaten the german, french and italian champions this year, and the uncrowned English champions Liverpool plus they've won it three times in a row. History makers. 3 in 3 , 4 in 5.

Is this the most dominant period of european cup wins by a team since Real Madrid won the first 5? I think it probably is. Ajax and Bayern won 3 in 3 but not 4 in 5.

The most dominant team this the first winners (again Real Madrid) back in the 50s when the compeition began.

I know this isn't the salient point, but they beat arguably the greatest Manchester United side of the Ferguson era, away.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I know this isn't the salient point, but they beat arguably the greatest Manchester United side of the Ferguson era, away.

Can't remember who done an incredible move in the Old Trafford tie on Real's left wing (United's right)... That was one of Real's greatest ever performances.

At the same time I remember Arsenal pulling Real Madrid apart in the Bernabéu.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Can't remember who done an incredible move in the Old Trafford tie on Real's left wing (United's right)... That was one of Real's greatest ever performances.

Eh? I'm on about Pompey.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Eh? I'm on about Pompey.

Sorry I didn't look at what you'd quoted and I went with a conversation I had yesterday at work where a guy used the same sentence as you where Real Madrid beat Man Utd probably during their most dominant period and where Real were having so many domestic problems (again).

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

that fake cule is a hypocrite..... If Barcelona had been back-to back-to back champions he would down talk and call out people

How do you know this? This doesn't make him a hypocrite xD

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Redondo.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

How do you know this? This doesn't make him a hypocrite xD

He forgets to understand that if Barcelona had've done back to back Champions Leagues, the likelihood is that there'd probably be leagues and maybe even cups coming in with it too.  What's for sure is that it wouldn't be 17 points behind the leaders. xD

Zidane himself says it all. ;)

Obviously within the tournament itself Real Madrid have one more title than Barce do over the last 10 years, and winning it 3 times in a row is unprecedented, even twice was. With that said in that time Barce have won it twice as apart of two trebles...a lot harder to win than just one major tournament in a season. Two of those Barcelona winners were arguably the greatest sides ever put together, something these past Real Madrid sides aren't. They were great last season, but Guardiola's Champions League winning sides for me were a cut above anyone I've ever seen.

There's more glitz and glamour to winning the competition three times in a row, but you can't forget two treble winning sides which is also unprecedented at least in Spain and I believe in Europe? 7 league titles and 3 Champions League titles, two of those being trebles, you can'r seriously debate who has been the more successful team over the past ten years when it's factually clear that it's Barcelona.

Weird argument to have though, Real Madrid have just created history and Zidane will go down as one of the greatest managers of all time just for this. Not to mention that regardless of the last 10 years, Real Madrid are still the biggest club in the world by quite a distance.

1 hour ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Karius suffered a concussion from this elbow check/strike. Might explain his blackouts. The first one happened two minutes after the foul.

Damn, Ramos is such a huge piece of shit. I feel even more sorry for Karius now. A concussion would be a perfect explanation for these unusual blackouts. 

• Subscriber

It's hard to compare league titles to Champions League wins. You can argue that to win the league you need more consistency but I'm not sure. You can have half a dozen off days in a League campaign and still win the title, whereas just one off day in the Champions League can see you done for the season on that front. Also, the Champions League undeniably has the greatest strength of opposition every year.

However the argument that an inferior team can win the Champions League with a bit of luck or an easy draw or by focussing their resources all on that campaign, or any combination of the above, whilst getting found out to be inferior over a 40 game league season, is perfectly valid. Had Real Madrid finished 5 points behind Barcelona, been able to point to a couple of results that cost them the campaign, and won the Champions League, then they might have an argument that they're a better team, but they simply ended up far too adrift of the top of the league for even a Champions League win to be enough to form an argument that they're a better team than Barcelona this season.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I call bullshit. The perfect excuse to hide behind a terrible performance. 

I think it's perfectly possible that he was but then why doesn't he come off? The cynic in me thinks this is Liverpool either trying to retain some of his value or softening the fan base up to accepting him next season by hiding behind the concussion story

Ridiculous that Ramos got away with that elbow by the way

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I call bullshit. The perfect excuse to hide behind a terrible performance. 

Dr. Ross Zafonte - a world-renowned expert physiatrist - confirmed the concussion caused a visual-spatial dysfunction. But why should anyone care about that, when some obsessed Everton faboy calls "bullshit" in an online forum?!

What were your academic distinctions again?

• Subscriber

I just hope the guy gets well soon and from reports it seems like he will. The outcome of the game isn't really relevant because visual-spatial dysfunction can have effects that extend over a month and they can manifest themselves at any time as well. 

I imagine that the UEFA reaction here will be to get medical staff better equipped to deal with these situations once VAR is introduced and to override player/club decisions to continue with the player on the pitch but that would be like saying unicorns exist. 

Loris Karius concussion

Hospital scans have revealed Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during the Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid, during which he made two crucial errors.

Massachusetts General Hospital have confirmed the German underwent assessments by Dr Ross Zafonte and Dr Lenore Herget at MGH and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital on May 31, five days after the 3-1 loss in Kiev.

Karius was on holiday in the US but Liverpool's medical staff wanted him to be checked out and a subsequent examination found evidence of concussion, which doctors say could have affected his performance.

i feel sorry for Karius if this were true but if this is indeed the truth then he's a bigger piece of shit than before we knew about this concussion.     If he had blackouts episodes within the game, he should have went to Klopp and asked to be subsituted, there's no shame in bowing out of an important game due to injury.   but instead, he chose to be a dick and be selfish by playing the entire game knowing he has blackouts every now and then ......

We should sign Adebayo Akinfenwa in case we play them again any time soon. Obviously not for his footballing skill, but because he's fucking huge and it would be fantastic to see him beat seven shades of shit out Ramos.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived