talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Things are worrying. I am praying that the Chileans don't continue with their protests while this is going on. That could really mess things up for South America. Unfortunately their country is out of control at the moment. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

• Subscriber
Just now, ...Dan said:

168 new deaths today? :o

This shouldn't be a surprise. Over 10,000 people cases over there now. About 1,000 have recovered, so 168 deaths out of the 9,000 others who are still currently infected is still less than 2%.

Apparently people can suffer the symptoms for anything between 2 and 6 weeks so the deaths may not slow down until at least a couple of weeks after the actual new diagnoses slow down.

49 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This shouldn't be a surprise. Over 10,000 people cases over there now. About 1,000 have recovered, so 168 deaths out of the 9,000 others who are still currently infected is still less than 2%.

Apparently people can suffer the symptoms for anything between 2 and 6 weeks so the deaths may not slow down until at least a couple of weeks after the actual new diagnoses slow down.

That's 168 in a day. The total is over 600 in Italy now

Wash your fucking hands, people

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He also doesn't know that the flu can kill people, even though his grandfather died from it. :7_sweat_smile:

Wikipedia'd his grandfather. Learned that the Trump family started their real estate empire by running brothels. Thought it was fitting.

Also now I think Germany owes the world big time for banishing Freidrich Drumpf for being a draft-dodger, making him remain in America and eventually his grandson would be probably the most powerful man in the world and mismanaging a superpower's response to a global health crisis.

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Wash your fucking hands, people

Washing your hands constantly is the easy part.

You know what I've learned pretty recently after trying to make sure I don't get the virus or spread the virus... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TOUCHING MY FACE, I TOUCH MY FACE ALL THE TIME WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT AND THEN CATCH MY HAND ON MY FACE AND THINK 'AW FUCK I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.'

It's ridiculous, I never knew how much I put my hands on my face.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Washing your hands constantly is the easy part.

You know what I've learned pretty recently after trying to make sure I don't get the virus or spread the virus... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TOUCHING MY FACE, I TOUCH MY FACE ALL THE TIME WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT AND THEN CATCH MY HAND ON MY FACE AND THINK 'AW FUCK I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.'

It's ridiculous, I never knew how much I put my hands on my face.

I swear to god, my face has never been as itchy in my life as it has been these last few weeks

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Well, even that's hard if you are in a public place and after washing your hands, you have to touch taps, door handles, etc, seconds later...

Yeah, that's true - that's why it's important not to touch your face. But washing your hands constantly is a must right now.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

168 new deaths in Italy today? :o

Not sure if legit but apparently the original figures didn't include the Lombardy region, or something like that. Now they do hence the increased numbers. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure if legit but apparently the original figures didn't include the Lombardy region, or something like that. Now they do hence the increased numbers. 

Not sure where that comes from but Lombardy numbers were always included in the total figures from the very start.

You can see here how the deaths happened daily and how many of them were in Lombardy:

wBe46LI.png