talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I've realised through this how shit Asda and Sainsbury's are compared to booths. Yes the latter is a smaller business and is a bit more expensive but their shelves are always completely full and the quality of their food is much higher. Booths is closer to me than the others but, until lately, it's not somewhere I've ever shopped too often apart from when buying their hot food on my dinners at work.

The quality of fanny who go shopping in there is higher too. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Why do you need that much toilet roll to wipe your arse? 

They should make all toilet paper nowadays with this crisis like army bog roll, it's felt like sandpaper when wiping your arse and rip your arse to threads and soon as the crisis is over with go back to normal bog roll where it is so soft your finger sticks through it and that goes up the back of your arse.  xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

They should make all toilet paper nowadays with this crisis like army bog roll, it's felt like sandpaper when wiping your arse and rip your arse to threads and soon as the crisis is over with go back to normal bog roll where it is so soft your finger sticks through it and that goes up the back of your arse.  xD 

Well that was too much information haha!

Nice to see Welsh Labour break ranks and extend the lockdown. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52215421

While it's inevitable that the lockdown will be extended regardless, this should be united between the four countries of the UK and not for political brownie points or 'to be the first and for others to follow suit' as they often try to do. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

How far off are we from 100,000 tests a day?

Well apparently it's 14k/day at the moment.

Which means there's now 21 days (from tomorrow) to get up to 100k/day...

• Upvote 1

We have just taken further measures at our place, We have installed 2 Thermal cameras that check peoples temperatures before entering the site and have furloughed 40 members of staff that are most at risk including things like Asthma sufferers or anyone that is considered high risk through age or other health reasons... 

• Upvote 3

So the president in Peru has said that no one can leave the house under any circumstance today or tomorrow due to holidays. As a result, the ultra religious people flood the markets for fish. This has resulted in our cases rising by 2000 overnight. We've basically caught up to Ecuador now. Complete idiots. Things were looking OK up to yesterday.

Edited by Inti Brian

21 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've realised through this how shit Asda and Sainsbury's are compared to booths. Yes the latter is a smaller business and is a bit more expensive but their shelves are always completely full and the quality of their food is much higher. Booths is closer to me than the others but, until lately, it's not somewhere I've ever shopped too often apart from when buying their hot food on my dinners at work.

The quality of fanny who go shopping in there is higher too. 

God that name takes me back north xD Always used to think it was dead posh growing up as they only ever existed in the nice towns out in the countryside and never the shitholes. 

Started going M&S these days for the same reasons. Always silent compared to the Sainsburys next door, but well stocked and you can see the better quality it is. I'm the youngest in there by about 30 years xD

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

So the president in Peru has said that no one can leave the house under any circumstance today or tomorrow due to holidays. As a result, the ultra religious people flood the markets for fish. This has resulted in our cases rising by 2000 overnight. We've basically caught up to Ecuador now. Complete idiots. Things were looking OK up to yesterday.

Your cases did not rise because of fish. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

As special as the people of Peru are I dont believe you'll see cases confirmed that quickly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

Your cases did not rise because of fish. 

Maybe read and you'll see that I said "the markets were flooded with people" .

Streets being flooded means more risk of people catching the virus if someone asymptomatic/infected outright was there

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

As special as the people of Peru are I dont believe you'll see cases confirmed that quickly.

Nah I was using a figure of speech. They were confirmed yesterday not over night I'm pretty sure. Seems strange that the cases rose so suddenly during a lockdown, but the discipline of the civilian is extremely low. In the poorer areas of the countries streets have been flooded more than once. Just this week it has been a bit over the top.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

That means that people who flooded the place yesterday were all tested between then and now. Is testing that quick and efficient in Peru? 

Look above. It's not the first time this shit happens in some of the poorer districts. No discipline from the civilian. Maybe not during the week because of the fish market, if so I'm especially worried about next week or two.

We have amongst the most testing kits in the continent (which surprised me when I learned about that). We are 4th behind Chile, Brazil and Colombia according to sources. 

I just find it weird that the cases rose so much overnight but it's more than likely due to those protest attempts in the poorer districts the other week.

Edited by Inti Brian

18 minutes ago, tlr said:

Started going M&S these days for the same reasons. Always silent compared to the Sainsburys next door, but well stocked and you can see the better quality it is. I'm the youngest in there by about 30 years xD

Absolutely this xD. They were giving me right evils when I was queuing up the other day.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

As a result, the ultra religious people flood the markets for fish. This has resulted in our cases rising by 2000 overnight

Brian, you said your cases rose overnight because of markets flooding with people looking to buy fish. 

Just now, Stan said:

Brian, you said your cases rose overnight because of markets flooding with people looking to buy fish. 

Yeah, I corrected myself later. I was wrong.

Most likely because of similar reasons though. I looked into it a bit more and apparently people flood the markets at the start of every week in order to have enough for the week. Results in things like this.

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Mate the count of confirmed cases is a lagging indicator.

A person who was exposed to corona today would not become a confirmed case for around 12 days. I.e no symptoms for around 5 days. 3-5 to get sick enough to seek out a test and 2 days minimum for a test result.

So basically that means the current official/confirmed count reflects the number of people who had the virus around 12 days ago. 

But the actually number of people affected right now is higher than that, by 12 days of additional spread.

Better indicators of how countries are going is by looking at whether that country even has a true handle on the size of their outbreak. Indicators of that are the number of tests performed per million people, and the percentage of those tests that are coming up positive. 

In Peru theres been 39k tests performed, for 4k cases. So you have about a 10% positive rate.

Ecuador have run 13k tests for 4k cases. That's a 30% positive rate. Very high, and a stronger indicator that the 4k count of confirmed cases is just the tip of the iceberg in Ecuador.

In some places that positive test rate is much lower (like Australia, or South Korea who have run a high number of tests and are around 1.8% positive. Those countries can be more confident that their number of confirmed cases is fairly accurate.

I would guess that even if Ecuador have the same number of confirmed cases as Peru by the end of this Ecuador will still have more fatalities and it will be less due to their healthcare system quality and more due to them having a larger outbreak.

• Upvote 2