talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

:4_joy:

I've found it quite emotional, sad and moving seeing a lot of people on my street out clapping, banging pots and pans, whistling and letting off fireworks. For me it makes the whole thing real and frightening whilst also bringing a sense of purpose for a change. As does walking around the street seeing rainbows and teddy's in the window. 

It's easy to lock yourself in and live the crisis through the internet watching the numbers coming in.

Tbf I like it too, I guess I just don’t like people constantly posting it on social media and especially my uncle giving my dad shit not actively doing it because my dad was having a poo. Especially because that cunt talks about the NHS like everyone involved in the health services rapes his wife, but now he’s all about wanting to show his support.

@CiceroIt's not up to the employer they wont get the money back.  I have been furloughed by the agency. But it's calculated on your earnings for them over the year because it is a 0 hour contract. I worked for other agencies over the year but then stopped working for them and was p45d so only the last agency can furlough me and they can only do it for 10600

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

:4_joy:

I've found it quite emotional, sad and moving seeing a lot of people on my street out clapping, banging pots and pans, whistling and letting off fireworks. For me it makes the whole thing real and frightening whilst also bringing a sense of purpose for a change. As does walking around the street seeing rainbows and teddy's in the window. 

It's easy to lock yourself in and live the crisis through the internet watching the numbers coming in.

I've got a rainbow in my window. Little kid across the road has been making them and made me one. 

• Upvote 1

Going out to shopping is like going out for a treasure hunt. Apart from Milk and Medicines, getting anything else is just dumb luck.

Guess that's what happens when you choose to live away from the railway station and in a quieter part of the suburbs.

The other absolutely worst thing about this pandemic is that I probably won't get to eat Alphonso Mangoes. The mango season has arrived and I see none around. Shame for the farmers as well, who are going to endure a huge loss.

On a side note, city has entered the fucking community transmission stage. Now things will get absolutely wild in here.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

South Korea reported on Friday that 91 recovered coronavirus patients have tested positive for the disease again, raising questions over health experts' understanding of the pandemic.

The prospect of people being re-infected with the virus is of international concern, as many countries are hoping that infected populations will develop sufficient immunity to prevent a resurgence of the pandemic.

The reports have also prompted fears the virus may remain active in patients for much longer than was previously thought.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-in-blow-to-immunity-hopes/ar-BB12rSb0?ocid=spartanntp

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Nadine Dorries tweeting 'The whole country can breathe again' following news Boris is recovering without any hint or sense of irony is disgusting.

Before anyone jumps in, yes it is good that Boris is recovering and out of ICU.

But saying 'the whole country can breathe again' after daily death tolls are nearly hitting 1000 in the UK and we're in a lockdown, let alone the actual virus gripping the country as case numbers remain high is just ridiculously stupid.

Rmeinder that Dorries is the MP that went to go on I'm A Celeb while still an active member of parliament a couple of years ago xD

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Good report on flawed UK scientific advice that led us to this point. 

Concerning, though considering you still get dickflids giving two fingers to lockdown restrictions (as I mentioned above) suggests that it was partially right. 

Wonder if we'll hear how many thick fucking cunts went out and about in their cars for the Easter weekend. 

EDIT: Also, Dyfed-Powys police are saying that the current fines are not strong enough a deterrent. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52254775

For those who want stronger restrictions from the UK Government (with fines going up to £960), the Welsh Labour Government went along and did the exact opposite by having fines not as high as that. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

The tweet is just one line from the report, there's a lot more in there.

But I recall a big Boris fan telling me we can't lockdown because of the economy. This was when Italy was locking down. The mind boggles at what these people must think of how the economy works in Italy and China. Italy must be a country of only 80 year olds sipping state subsidised coffee and doing fuck all else every day.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Going out to shopping is like going out for a treasure hunt. Apart from Milk and Medicines, getting anything else is just dumb luck.

Guess that's what happens when you choose to live away from the railway station and in a quieter part of the suburbs.

The other absolutely worst thing about this pandemic is that I probably won't get to eat Alphonso Mangoes. The mango season has arrived and I see none around. Shame for the farmers as well, who are going to endure a huge loss.

On a side note, city has entered the fucking community transmission stage. Now things will get absolutely wild in here.

Just spoke with my sister about this and I hope you and your family are safe. It's amazing how fast things disappear even in the mornings when places open up. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

The tweet is just one line from the report, there's a lot more in there.

But I recall a big Boris fan telling me we can't lockdown because of the economy. This was when Italy was locking down. The mind boggles at what these people must think of how the economy works in Italy and China. Italy must be a country of only 80 year olds sipping state subsidised coffee and doing fuck all else every day.

Lol Italy lock down once a year for summer

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

My thoughts exactly

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Genuine question are you & @Stan slow? 

as of the 8th we had done 220k and 3 days later we’re 110k higher that’s fairly consistent with the stats they’ve put out and their targets. 

testing matters not anyway aside from projection data as we’ve predominantly tested incoming traffic to hospitals. 

Look at how man America have tested and where they are, it’s far more about managing capacity of ICU’s tests is something Journalist ask aggressive questions over, a complete red herring. 

far more pertinent question is should be asked about ventilator availability 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol Italy lock down once a year for summer

Genuine question are you & @Stan slow? 

as of the 8th we had done 220k and 3 days later we’re 110k higher that’s fairly consistent with the stats they’ve put out and their targets. 

testing matters not anyway aside from projection data as we’ve predominantly tested incoming traffic to hospitals. 

Look at how man America have tested and where they are, it’s far more about managing capacity of ICU’s tests is something Journalist ask aggressive questions over, a complete red herring. 

far more pertinent question is should be asked about ventilator availability 

You've totally missed what we're getting at mate xD

Look at/listen to what she said.

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

You've totally missed what we're getting at mate xD

Look at/listen to what she said.

38 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Haha, he's one of them that would be all over this if it was someone from another party

Yeah she’s said thousand twice, didn’t realise

id still fuck her though 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

South Korea reported on Friday that 91 recovered coronavirus patients have tested positive for the disease again, raising questions over health experts' understanding of the pandemic.

The prospect of people being re-infected with the virus is of international concern, as many countries are hoping that infected populations will develop sufficient immunity to prevent a resurgence of the pandemic.

The reports have also prompted fears the virus may remain active in patients for much longer than was previously thought.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-in-blow-to-immunity-hopes/ar-BB12rSb0?ocid=spartanntp

Three possibilities there:

a) False negatives early on, meaning the patients were incorrectly cleared as having  recovered while they weren't

b) re-infection

c) virus staying dormant in the body and then reactivating again

This is concerning if it's not a testing issue...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Three possibilities there:

a) False negatives early on, meaning the patients were incorrectly cleared as having  recovered while they weren't

b) re-infection

c) virus staying dormant in the body and then reactivating again

This is concerning if it's not a testing issue...

Do we know if they're basically assymptomatic? What a rough blow to catch the full thing twice

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Do we know if they're basically assymptomatic? What a rough blow to catch the full thing twice

Unfortunately no details released so far, epidemiological investigations are ongoing...