talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

27 minutes ago, Coma said:

Maybe he's getting raped now.  Only fair.

Suggesting that rape is a justifiable form of punishment probably isn't the best anti-rape message...

I know that saying someone is getting raped in prison is a long standing joke in society (which is kind of insane) but I'm not sure it's the best time to use that joke.

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Heard he actually threatened to kill her now. 

I don't think he's added that after the arrest. I think they've expanded on the reasons for his extended arrest. God knows what the total list of everything he's done is.

18 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Suggesting that rape is a justifiable form of punishment probably isn't the best anti-rape message...

I know that saying someone is getting raped in prison is a long standing joke in society (which is kind of insane) but I'm not sure it's the best time to use that joke.

It's an eye for an eye as the saying goes.  I have no sympathy for the fucker.  Some might say that's fair punishment.

EA have reportedly dropped Greenwood from offline modes on FIFA , but with EA being EA, they've still kept him on Ultimate Team (for now at least).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-01-mason-greenwood-reportedly-dropped-from-fifa-22-following-rape-allegations

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

They have him till Wednesday. We'll likely find out then if he'll be charged or not. 

I can see them charging him and his career in football being over. I'd imagine clubs are going to have serious talks with their players over the next few weeks because as much as they'd like to distance themselves from these issues it does shed a poor light on the sport and the clubs when you hear stories of players doing the kinds of things that Greenwood and Foden did only to then have something like this surface. Sterner action and a gentle kick up the backside to remind them what it means to be a professional sports-person in this day and age wouldn't go amiss. 

All this has reminded me of what David Villa did in New York.

50 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I can see them charging him and his career in football being over. I'd imagine clubs are going to have serious talks with their players over the next few weeks because as much as they'd like to distance themselves from these issues it does shed a poor light on the sport and the clubs when you hear stories of players doing the kinds of things that Greenwood and Foden did only to then have something like this surface. Sterner action and a gentle kick up the backside to remind them what it means to be a professional sports-person in this day and age wouldn't go amiss. 

All this has reminded me of what David Villa did in New York.

Really? Another weird comparison. While sexual harassment is no joke, it's a world away from rape, and physical abuse. If I recall, Villa asked a girl working for the club to go to a party with him a few times and cat called her? 

If I saw David Villa in the street I'd wave him hi and probably get a photo. If I saw Greenwood I'd call him a rapist cunt. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Really? Another weird comparison. While sexual harassment is no joke, it's a world away from rape, and physical abuse. If I recall, Villa asked a girl working for the club to go to a party with him a few times and cat called her? 

If I saw David Villa in the street I'd wave him hi and probably get a photo. If I saw Greenwood I'd call him a rapist cunt. 

I wasn't insinuating that rape is the same as sexual harassment but more on the lines of "it happens repeatedly and the offenders tend to get away with it because of who they are and because its allowed to continue". Repeated behavior and getting away with it tends to leads to different circumstances and that's where I drew the parallel. 

• Upvote 2

On 31/01/2022 at 06:13, shut up said:

I think the statement would have been heavily influenced by Harriet tbf. Maybe she's scared, or regrets it, or maybe she was hacked & now she's panicking. It does seem to play it down a little though. Surely her dad would be raging 

On 31/01/2022 at 06:28, JoshBRFC said:

I don't think it's that someone's paid him off, but rather that he sees Greenwood as his daughters meal ticket... 

Do we really think her family had no inkling of this 12+ month pattern of behaviour?

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

If she changes her story and rolls off into the sunset. It means Greenwood has quietly paid her off. 

I think it's more a case of her changing her mind on getting him punished for it because the attention could be more overwhelming than she thought it would be. Or she wants him punished for it but doesn't want his life ruined over it. Could be a number of things. With him seemingly being terrible at controlling his anger, hopefully there's at least some sort distance between the two.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, MUFC said:

How's he got bail? Isn't the evidence enough?

Time for police to get more information hence 'pending further investigation'.

Maybe they need more evidence to make sure the charges they do go for are watertight, so to speak. 

Just now, Stan said:

Time for police to get more information hence 'pending further investigation'.

Maybe they need more evidence to make sure the charges they do go for are watertight, so to speak. 

Fair play. Just hope with him being out. He doesn't influence or pay people off.

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

How's he got bail? Isn't the evidence enough?

I think unless he is a flight risk or poses a further danger to the public by being released then it's normal for someone to be charged then released pending further enquiries... He will have been told to stay away from the alleged victim and don't try and contact her in the meantime... They will sift through any further evidence or statements then bring him back in for a grilling at some point... 

She could in theory decide she does not want to press charges but I am not sure how that works once the Police have evidence of a crime or assault taking place?? 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

I think it's more a case of her changing her mind on getting him punished for it because the attention could be more overwhelming than she thought it would be. Or she wants him punished for it but doesn't want his life ruined over it. Could be a number of things. With him seemingly being terrible at controlling his anger, hopefully there's at least some sort distance between the two.

I agree. 

If you've stayed with him through a year or more of violence you're likely to have glossed over alot of bad stuff and have formed a habit of apologising their worst behaviour. From that point I could definitely see her having mixed feelings and at risk of getting cold feet either because of fear of him, concern the punishment for him will be too hard, or concern that you aren't able to cope with the furore you've begun.

I'm worried for this woman not only because of Mason but also because of how she might be feeling right now.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Man Utd fans will be able to exchange Greenwood shirts for another players through the club.

This is good news for my friend who bought his young son a Greenwood shirt for Christmas and took it off them 

This is exactly why I never get player’s names on jerseys