talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

'hes been at the club since he was 7'

Like they wouldn't drop an academy player who wasn't as talented for a long term injury in a flash.

It is genuinely crazy to me that just because he wasn’t prosecuted, the club think he should come back and play. What does this tell young impressionable boys around the world? 

On a great day for women’s football, this is so grim for women in football.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

'hes been at the club since he was 7'

Like they wouldn't drop an academy player who wasn't as talented for a long term injury in a flash.

It is genuinely crazy to me that just because he wasn’t prosecuted, the club think he should come back and play. What does this tell young impressionable boys around the world? 

On a great day for women’s football, this is so grim for women in football.

I’m at a genuine loss at to what to do with the kids. Phoebe is old enough to understand and she’s blatantly going to ask questions when I tell her she’s not getting her shirt now. Is it just full on truth bomb time? 

11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m at a genuine loss at to what to do with the kids. Phoebe is old enough to understand and she’s blatantly going to ask questions when I tell her she’s not getting her shirt now. Is it just full on truth bomb time? 

I've got a mate in the same position, though I don't think his son's quite old enough to really understand. Which might make it tougher, because he can't just drop a truth bomb and have it register.

It's honestly awful what United is putting some of their lifelong fans who are parents through.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

What about an England women's top with one of the Man Utd women's players on the back as an alternative? 

I don't know how old she is, but I guess you could tell her some truth but not the whole truth... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's just ridiculous and even more embarrassing that these clowns that work for United that are still deciding if they should bring him back or not.

And even if you avoid all what he did to his gf which is just stupid, what's the point of bringing someone that will bring so much negativity to a squad that after a long time, managed to clear up most of the divas, the leakers and now there is finally a positive and ambitious vibes within the club? It will all go back to 0 again.

He hasn't even played football for almost 2 years, even if you bring him back, there isn't a place where he can start over Rashford or Ten Hag's Rasmus & Antony. Nor nobody knows if he can play decent football again. The club should release or at least find a club to sell him so it can become their problem if they wanna drop their pants just for some millions to cash out instead of finding excuses with "oh he was our boy since the age of 7", "oh he will do an apology video before coming back".

Edited by Fusion

Sounds like he intends to play again. And someone will give him the chance to.

The brave & correct decision is for Man United to release him. There are other similar cases out there of professional footballers playing on somewhere. And Man United as a huge football club just do not need the circus that will constantly be around the 1 player.

• Subscriber

It's just such a mad hill for them to die on. The downside is so much greater than the upside. Even if you take out the morality of it all, he's not played for ages anyway and was he really 'that' good? I don't think it's been a major loss to them has it?

This one is different, we've seen the photos, we've heard the voicenotes. Everyone knows he's guilty. Why on earth are they bringing him back?

It isn't confirmed yet but I expect the atmosphere to be toxic if he was to return to the fold.

Sends out all the wrong messages to young boys.

He was a talent, but that shouldn't make a difference. We're a huge global brand and this will without doubt tarnish our imagine massively.

I wouldn't blame some of the female staff for walking away from the club or the female players for that matter.

If the decision to bring him back took that long to make then surely it had to be the wrong one to push ahead with it?? 

There are clearly reservations within the club and sounded like the final decision was being pushed from one person to another because no-one wanted to take the responsibility.. Given everything that has gone on with him this sounds like a bad idea

10 hours ago, Rick said:

Quite unbelievable that they are even considering it. Shameful, and I doubt the squad want him back in the fold. 

I would think if a considerable portion of the squad didn't want him back he would have have been sold or cut loose months ago.  Actually there are reports that squad wants him back and are willing to give him a second chance, especially the ones that have known him for years.

Personally, I am waiting to hear United's explanation for whatever decision they make.  It better be a very good one if they decide to bring him back, it can't just be the charges were dropped and he deserves a second change because after all the girl has forgiven him.

The CPS said that there was new material that came to light and that along with the witness no longer willing to testify caused them to drop all charges.  United need to tell us what that new material is and why it was one of the reasons to have the charges dropped.

To be honet here,  the truth is whatever the decision on Greenwood is, whether Jassim, or Ratcliffe buy the club or the Glazers stay, I am not going to stop supporting United.  I have supported United since 63-64 and will continue til the day I die.

I feel like they've already decided that they want him to play. I feel like they decided that long ago. It's just about how to navigate the PR.

I personally don't care either way to be honest. I don't see footballers as having to be good people. They're people at the end of the day so you have to assume that most of them aren't great with a few of them being especially bad. If he's not going to face prison time, I'm not sure you can say that he shouldn't play football.

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

I feel like they've already decided that they want him to play. I feel like they decided that long ago. It's just about how to navigate the PR.

I personally don't care either way to be honest. I don't see footballers as having to be good people. They're people at the end of the day so you have to assume that most of them aren't great with a few of them being especially bad. If he's not going to face prison time, I'm not sure you can say that he shouldn't play football.

I’m sorry, but there are a lot of impressionable young kids/teens that watch football. When we were younger, we looked up to players as our role models and it’s no different today.

It’s a fucking disgrace that a rapist and woman beater is probably going to get to play for one of the biggest football teams in the world, and make a mint doing it. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Devil said:

She dropped all charges, currently lives with him and has had his baby.

The most messed up shit you will ever hear of.

Look further into Domestic Abuse stats and patterns of behaviour and sadly it's not as messed up as you think.

There could be so many other factors and sadly it really isn't as easy as just leaving him.

Women are 70x more likely to be killed by their abuser within the first two weeks of leaving them. It's a controlling behaviour of the abuser to make their life hell, but manipulate the victim to thinking their life would be worse if they left the relationship. 

We can all make assumptions of the motivations for her decisions, but we probably only know the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the actual relationship between the two. That's not to say in any way that I am defending Greenwood here - just that one transcript of what happened in one of the incidents is harrowing, disturbing and downright disgraceful. It's horrendous and no words will probably ever portray just how bad his behaviour is/was. 

But it's all too common with abusers almost forcing the DA victim to remain in the relationship. It's incredibly hard to leave, and that's without kids involved. So the fact she's having his baby just adds another layer. 

This is a great read to gather context, not necessarily great in terms of the topic:

https://ifstudies.org/blog/eight-reasons-women-stay-in-abusive-relationships

• Sad 1