talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

He's going to Bayern, Spurs will try and get him to sign a new deal but ultimately it will suit them to sell him to a team outside of England.

Kane knows trophies and potential European honours are pretty certain at a Bayern.

On 28/06/2023 at 18:04, Dr. Gonzo said:

Who the fucks Don Bradman?

I had to look Bradman up as well, but I don't know anything about cricket, much prefer baseball.   

I also have heard of Dixie Dean, but then again I am old.

• Subscriber

As much as it would be good to see him finally move to a big club and win some trophies, he will guarantee Bayern the league again for the next few years, and other than Bayern fans….. does anyone want to see that.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Devil said:

He's going to Bayern, Spurs will try and get him to sign a new deal but ultimately it will suit them to sell him to a team outside of England.

Kane knows trophies and potential European honours are pretty certain at a Bayern.

Wouldn’t count on it. There’s absolutely nothing in the British press that suggests we want to sell or that Bayern would come close to a hypothetical asking price.

Lots of smoke on this one but it’s all coming from the Bayern. Let’s see 

13 minutes ago, Storts said:

Wouldn’t count on it. There’s absolutely nothing in the British press that suggests we want to sell or that Bayern would come close to a hypothetical asking price.

Munich are scrubbers coming cap in hand for players, doubt they will meet the asking price so see him staying

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Munich are scrubbers coming cap in hand for players, doubt they will meet the asking price so see him staying

Yeah my thoughts too. Can’t rule anything out but they’re going to have to put a lot more money on the table 

57 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah my thoughts too. Can’t rule anything out but they’re going to have to put a lot more money on the table 

You really believe come the end of the window Spurs won't have accepted a bid?

60-80 million he's gone, they can't turn that type of money down given the circumstances.

Edited by Devil

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Devil said:

You really believe come the end of the window Spurs won't have accepted a bid?

60-80 million he's gone, they can't turn that type of money down given the circumstances.

Yeah, if it’s not the right bid, we won’t be selling. Surely you of all clubs know how Levy works by now.

Yes we can. That isn’t gamechanging money for us at all. Our revenues are massive these days. Even without European football we will still be fine. But getting into the CL is worth about that amount. With 5 places could easily just gamble on Kanes goals getting us back there and try and convince him to sign a new deal. 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given how public the Bayern hierarchy are making this and how the German Media is acting as a Bayern PR machine, I'm starting to want to see him stay at Spurs.

They doing the same with Walker but only offered 12m for a guy that still has Vinicius Jr and a host of other top wingers in his pocket :4_joy: ..Walker will play for another 5 years too, he's built different

• Subscriber

Uli opens his mouth way too much unfortunately. We'll see how it plays out but Ive got to think €100m gets it done more or less. This isnt a sum to scoff at imo, our record deal is still Lucas Hernandez at €80m. When we want a player we will spend but it has to make sense and cross all the t's and dot i's etc.

Surely if we had state funding a deal would have been done by now though huh :ph34r: god I hate that sentence. 

• Subscriber

Bit of news over the weekend, few outlets where reporting Spurs owner Joe Lewis has told Levy he must sell Kane this summer if he wont sign an extension. Telegraph and a few others ran with that.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/23/daniel-levy-told-to-sell-harry-kane-this-summer/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-harry-kane-transfer-30533930

Coincides with us readying another bid, well see.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Barca & Real Madrid probably.

Tbf though Bayern are just the German version of those 2 clubs.

Debattable Valencia even published a photography of van der Vaart holding one of their kits, when they wanted to sign him from HSV. A signing that didn't materialse in the end, if I remember correctly.xD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I've never known a club that openly speak about players that aren't theirs as much as Bayern. 

Hey come on, at least their players dont put club shirts on players that don't belong to their clubs.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Bit of news over the weekend, few outlets where reporting Spurs owner Joe Lewis has told Levy he must sell Kane this summer if he wont sign an extension. Telegraph and a few others ran with that.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/23/daniel-levy-told-to-sell-harry-kane-this-summer/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-harry-kane-transfer-30533930

Coincides with us readying another bid, well see.

The Joe Lewis stuff is absolute nonsense. He has no interest in the team and certainly doesn’t direct Levy on football matters.

I do think the move could happen though, if Bayern cough up enough cash. All seems a bit up in the air but I’ve definitely started seeing some mood music you can read between the lines of that suggests it’s a decent possibility. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Confirmation the talks are going to happen. The only reason Neppe and Dreesen wouldnt have gone on the asia trip but we'll see what happens here.

Yeah sounds like tomorrow is a big day. I’m pretty resigned to him going now. Bayern have realised they are going to need to pay what Levy wants, but think there is now a level of interest from all sides to get it done 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Storts said:

Yeah sounds like tomorrow is a big day. I’m pretty resigned to him going now. Bayern have realised they are going to need to pay what Levy wants, but think there is now a level of interest from all sides to get it done 

On paper it hurts Spurs, but from a business standpoint getting £100m for him is ideal compared to losing him on a free next season I think.

I dunno what kind of expectations or pressures are on the new manager, but you can make the argument that this does lower expectations for Spurs a bit. However, if I'm Levy or anyone at Spurs... I can't help but feel worried about the potential for the atmosphere turning pretty toxic pretty quickly given the likelihood of: Spurs' talisman leaving the club, the increase in ticket prices despite the decrease in performances on the pitch over the past few years, and appointing a potentially very good manager... but one who's relatively untested at this level. And it seems like it took him a while to get things going at Celtic before it became clear he was a good manager.

I'd hope that if he does get off to a slow start in his tenure at the manager and things do get a bit toxic... the toxicity is directed at Levy and the board, rather than the manager who's walking into a pretty tough situation. 

Based on what Ange was able to achieve with the turnover of big names/characters when he arrived at Celtic, I feel as if Spurs are in a better position to rebuild with 100m+ now that they would have been under Conte or Jose telling Levy what they want and throwing toys under the pram if they don't get it.

• Administrator
On 02/01/2023 at 15:11, Storts said:

Not a chance. Wants the PL record.

On 02/01/2023 at 19:34, Storts said:

Yes. Be absolutely shocked if he went abroad. 

On 28/06/2023 at 00:33, Storts said:

and also still don’t think Bayern will cough up enough money to tempt Levy to sell 

On 09/07/2023 at 18:02, Storts said:

Bayern are such jokers. Best striker in the world and they're lowballing Spurs again. Never going to get this deal done.

On 16/07/2023 at 07:48, Storts said:

Well, well, well how the turntables @Storts :( 

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich