talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022

football forum

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe Klopp didn't want them? 

Maybe he's waiting for a player that he wants?

So much like your success, he to take accountability on the failures. 

Thiago and Keita are made of glass

Age is getting the better of Milner and Henderson. 

Elliot and Jones are prospects. 

OX just simply isn't good enough. 

To gamble on your season knowing this, when midfielders (who I personally believe fit Liverpools' mould) are available for peanuts in today's market, is brave. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why Milner was everywhere... except his fucking position today.

And look at this shite:

r/LiverpoolFC - This is not an edited photo, this is our midfield tonight

why are all the midfielders rotated out to a position to where they can't get the ball?

In our worst spell ever under Klopp, we just didn't have a functional midfield... but we were also playing midfielders in defense (until they got injured). Something's clearly got to be done with the shape because Klopp's Plan A just isn't going to work if the midfielders that make the system work aren't available.

And we'll be even more fucked when Henderson and Fabinho get their yearly injuries.

I think the shape's got to change, at least until we get Thiago back, because the current system is just dogshit with the current midfielders we have available. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You have the right to spend your hard earned on whatever you please my dude. And I have the right to judge you for it. 

No you don't. I don't judge you on what you spend your money on.

For what it's worth.... most of my money goes to bills, family, my wife and mostly on my two grandkids. 

What's left goes on food and general household shite. 

If I want a bet with whatever is left doesn't make me a cunt.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So much like your success, he to take accountability on the failures. 

Thiago and Keita are made of glass

Age is getting the better of Milner and Henderson. 

Elliot and Jones are prospects. 

OX just simply isn't good enough. 

To gamble on your season knowing this, when midfielders (who I personally believe fit Liverpools' mould) are available for peanuts in today's market, is brave. 

That's your opinion mate and you're entitled to it. I'm not even that arsed to be honest 😅

People keep going on about midfielders though.. but it's not the midfielders fault that our defenders have turned to shot, or that our attack just don't look like scoring.

It's not the midfields fault that our tactics seem to be 'give the ball to a CB and let him launch it wide'. 

I drove 400 miles today to pick up a used gearbox for my car.

Once I got home, I cracked a few and watched what I missed on Sunday. Leeds and Newcastle. I was over the moon with Leeds stuffing Chelsea and I was gutted when Citeh drew.

Then I watched the main event. We were rubbish.

I can see why Milner was getting his knickers is a twist. Everyone was off form although Luiz showed some early promise. We lacked in midfield. The defence is missing players. We need a creative midfielder who doesn't have a glass ankle.

From what I've seen so far, I think we'll be lucky to be in the top 4. I know we miss Mane be that all water overboard. Nunez had his wobbler and now we're a man short. I hope he learns from this and tries to make amends.

For now I have no hopes. I'll just see where we end up.

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Having some pessimism isn't embarrassing, but putting 50 on your own team to lose a must win game, when your country is in a cost of living crisis with 'food consumption down across the board' and people getting set to freeze to death or borrow money to keep the lights on in a few months makes you a right cunt. 

real actual footage 

• Subscriber

I saw a bunch of players who were tactically not all present last night and the worst part is that until Fab came on and started running the show in midfield they weren't even competing for second balls or trying to put any pressure on a midfield of Bruno, McTominay and then at some point Fred. I think Bruno is fantastic but the star of the show last night for me was Martinez and it wasn't because of his footballing skills it was the way he wound up everyone that went anywhere near him.

He clipped Salah, tapped Milner, went after Diaz and basically got in their heads so early they expected him to do more but his job was already done as opposed to Virgil who simply stood there expecting footballers (even if they aren't the best right now) to shoot balls straight at him with his hands behind his back. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's your opinion mate and you're entitled to it. I'm not even that arsed to be honest 😅

People keep going on about midfielders though.. but it's not the midfielders fault that our defenders have turned to shot, or that our attack just don't look like scoring.

It's not the midfields fault that our tactics seem to be 'give the ball to a CB and let him launch it wide'. 

You clearly are arsed though surely xD

The midfield need to take some responsibility. As much as Van Dijk needs to take responsibility to do better in his positioning, and as much as Firmino has to take responsibility for his shite game as a forward. 

The midfield bear some burden for lack of pressing and giving the ball away in key positions (Henderson for Rashford's goal one example). 

Klopp wants to wait for the player he specifically wants - what if that player moves elsewhere? Its a bit risky and it's not like time is on Klopp's side when you look at age of the midfield that played yesterday (barring Elliott who I think had a good game). It was a bad game to have so many key players have an off day. 

I do find it amusing your denial and reluctance to want to improve the squad purely on the basis that Klopp will automatically get who he wants specifically only when he wants. 

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Having some pessimism isn't embarrassing, but putting 50 on your own team to lose a must win game, when your country is in a cost of living crisis with 'food consumption down across the board' and people getting set to freeze to death or borrow money to keep the lights on in a few months makes you a right cunt. 

Sounds like a gambling addiction maybe?

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

You clearly are arsed though surely xD

The midfield need to take some responsibility. As much as Van Dijk needs to take responsibility to do better in his positioning, and as much as Firmino has to take responsibility for his shite game as a forward. 

The midfield bear some burden for lack of pressing and giving the ball away in key positions (Henderson for Rashford's goal one example). 

Klopp wants to wait for the player he specifically wants - what if that player moves elsewhere? Its a bit risky and it's not like time is on Klopp's side when you look at age of the midfield that played yesterday (barring Elliott who I think had a good game). It was a bad game to have so many key players have an off day. 

I do find it amusing your denial and reluctance to want to improve the squad purely on the basis that Klopp will automatically get who he wants specifically only when he wants. 

Klopp has literally said himself that he wants a midfielder but the one he wants isn't available this summer. It's probably already sorted for next summer. 

I've never said we don't need a midfielder... we obviously do. But just buying one for the sake of it isn't how we do things. Our transfer business has by and large been excellent under Klopp so I'll trust the process for the time being. 

That's all I was saying. 

25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sounds like a gambling addiction maybe?

Wtf?? xD

I honestly can't believe people's heads are falling off because I thought Utd would win and so I bet on it. Its weird??

I said days ago utd would win.. it wasn't some random lucky bet.

19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wtf?? xD

I honestly can't believe people's heads are falling off because I thought Utd would win and so I bet on it. Its weird??

I said days ago utd would win.. it wasn't some random lucky bet.

I also thought so. I posted a week before that Utd had nothing about which to worry. I was called weird etc. Long standing club with a tradition of quality, it won't disappear that easily or quickly.

It’s all well and good saying that we are waiting for Bellingham next summer, but so is everybody! It’s not a fore gone conclusion that we will be the ones to sign him. And if we don’t, then what? We go and sign our second option? Why don’t we do that now?

There is not way in hell this club has one target, we have several. Stop fucking about and go get one of them. It’s not like Bellingham alone fixes our troubles, the squad is ageing and we need several players to come in. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Been saying for years the hardest fixtures for the top teams are away to the relegation fodder. Upsets common.

And there's a history here not isolated just to Manchester United.

Liverpool probably need to bring in more than one midfielder so it would've been smarter to do some business there already. Even if they're waiting for Bellingham or saving money up for another player, they're still gonna want to make more changes there.

Milner is in his mid-30s, Chamberlain is injury prone and like Keita is doesn't really feel like a big part of the team and Liverpool would probably want to move them on, Henderson isn't at his peak anymore, and Thiago is too injury prone to be an expected starter. Can Curtis Jones really step up this season and is Klopp going to take the leap to make him a starter?

Would actually be silly for Liverpool not to reinforce in that area.

• Administrator

Think it's reasonably fair to say these aren't new issues either in terms of injuries for two particular players. Totally escaped me Keita has been there for that long already :o

An ageing Milner & Henderson too. 

Thiago was a great buy, and Jones is homegrown. Carvalho is a good option too. Minamino has come and gone. But waiting until next year just to get Bellingham (with no guarantee?) is an interesting strategy... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived