talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's a deep-lying striker. I wouldn't really call him a midfielder anymore, but he's like a hybrid midfielder-striker. He's pretty new at the striker thing, because Klopp liked him in that false-9 role. And I think it gets the best out of Bobby.

Yes, I think you´re right. In that sense, he´s a pretty unique player. Firmino´s never played well for us. And I think it´s due to the fact he´s used as a pure number 9. The Gabriel Jesus vs Firmino debate is already a hot topic here. xD

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I recall him being a winger when he was in Germany. He's a mix of a false 9 and a defensive forward from what I've seen, the point is he's being deployed in that position though and is succeeding.

Some people think that you need to score loads of goals to be a world class striker but that's not true at all. If you score loads of goals and are complete everywhere else, that helps, but if you want to just be "world class" you don't HAVE to, as long as you are useful in other areas. 

If I remember correctly, he was more of an attacking midfielder at Hoffenheim.

1 minute ago, Asura said:

Can we all agree that Firmino and Salah are only this wonderful because of Klopp? 

Possibly yeah. I remember when Firmino first signed and Rodgers had him as a left or right winger. Grim times

• Subscriber

Liverpool still going through comfortably but can we just acknowledge that Teso was spot on - TAA a massive weakness tonight, looks so poor out there

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Liverpool still going through comfortably but can we just acknowledge that Teso was spot on - TAA a massive weakness tonight, looks so poor out there

I am beginning to think that Teso is your other account.... 

Roma should've had a penalty before the goal. 2 of Liverpool's goals should've been ruled out from the first leg as well. It's basically 5-5 and Liverpool have been lucky to get through.

:coffee:

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

And Spurs with Fazio

Yeah but Spurs haven't spent ungodly amounts of money with an insane focus on the CL, so it's a bit mean to pick on them. But you're an Arsenal fan.... so you've got my blessing to do so.

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Roma should've had a penalty before the goal. 2 of Liverpool's goals should've been ruled out from the first leg as well. It's basically 5-5 and Liverpool have been lucky to get through.

:coffee:

If we hadn't been 5-0 up in the first leg we never would have conceded 2.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fingers crossed Klopp continues his cup final streak. It’s our only hope.

Streaks are there to be broken. Like Gini Wijnaldum not scoring away from home. Or Roma not conceding any goals at home in Europe. :)

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Fingers crossed Klopp continues his cup final streak. It’s our only hope.

Fuck Liverpool but it's watching dropkicks like you squirm that is the main attraction. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Streaks are there to be broken. Like Gini Wijnaldum not scoring away from home. Or Roma not conceding any goals at home in Europe. :)

Oh you're rattled mate 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived