talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even before the miss, I thought Werner was unlucky to be subbed off before Müller. 

It’s been too physical a game for him I think. Trapped between two proper DMs and that back 3, there’s not been much scope for him to do his usual stuff. 

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

Kane shutting people up. That's why you keep players like him(and Sterling) on. All it takes is a moment of getting into the right place.

Both have been well worked goals. This team looks dangerous in those type of areas.

Great decision by Southgate to bring Grealish on too.

Honestly this is the best chance I've ever known England of potentially reaching a final.

It's been a solid, professional performance in general.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

This myth floating about Grealish, what are the big games that Jack Grealish has proven himself in previously for people to say “he was built for these moments”.

He may well smash it but he is unproven at the highest level at this point 

Just now, Danny said:

Never said he couldn’t change it xD

Mate you were pretty much wondering what use he would be and why there was a 'myth'? What myth?

Gotta be like Stevie fucking Wonder to not know what he could give on a football pitch xD 

Just now, Whiskey said:

This feels different, what a night. Totally outclassed the Germans from start to finish, what a time to be alive. 

Drink it in lads, it's coming home.

hardly outclasses all night xD the first 70mins was some of the most boring stuff this tournament

Just now, El Profesor said:

Depressing end of an era for Germany. 

Man, Flick has a lot of work to do and not much time with the World Cup next year.

I guess...? Germany has the talent to compete. I'm not sure who will score mind you, but they have a lot of talent in the side. It's not like their North Macedonia about to lose Pandev. :D

• The topic was unpinned

Archived