talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

football forum

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

yeah where are those who said Germany was gonna beat England?

Most of us are celebrating mate.

The beauty of pessimism is when things you like happen, you end up absolutely elated

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Comparable to a European Championship KO game against Germany? No Stan xD Villa finished 11th and got knocked out of both Cups early on, this is the first time he’s ever played in a game this big. And I still said he may well smash it, as in I wasn’t saying he wouldn’t 

Well not many other players have been able to have a KO game against Germany have they?

Can't knock Grealish for that. Gotta give them a chance at some point otherwise you'd never be able to have players prove themselves.

I just don't get why you think there's a 'myth' floating about Grealish. Doesn't make sense. He's not in the squad by luck. He's there on merit and clearly a very influential player. He's proven that today.

Klinsmann must feel awkward as fuck sat in that studio right now.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

I think the country is going to owe Man City a debt of gratitude if we win the Euro's with all the players we have here, Sterling, Foden, Kane, Stones, Grealish, Walker ^_^

Pep's won 2 euros now, as he won 1 in 2012 as well :ph34r:

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Most of us are celebrating mate.

The beauty of pessimism is when things you like happen, you end up absolutely elated

the english are pessimistic people

-’how are you?’

-’could be worse’

I'm not having the take that Kane proved his worth. He might kick on now but any striker would've made that run in that situation tonight. Doesn't change the fact that his overall performance was poor. It's still the only part of the team that needs to click, the defence and midfield are solid.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I said it earlier somehow England keeps coming up against teams at their worst, it is quite shocking. Must have conslted a witch to curse the other teams

It could be our negative setup stops other sides from playing their usual game, tbh. If everyone plays like shit against us but better against other people, one of the constant variables is they're playing the England side.

I do think playing a side like Sweden, which is also a pretty defensive side, might have us exposed again like Scotland did. Because we're seriously lacking in creativity without Grealish on the pitch.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s laughing a joking in the studio. Fair play to him. Other way round and the English lads would be sulking to fuck.

Klinnsman won a world cup and a euro, I doubt he gives a fuck what happens

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s laughing a joking in the studio. Fair play to him. Other way round and the English lads would be sulking to fuck.

To be fair, at this point he's more American than German :ph34r:

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Sweden, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Denmark. I mean, it’s a massive, massive opportunity, isn’t it?

That is how Engalnd will lose, by thinking like this

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Well not many other players have been able to have a KO game against Germany have they?

Can't knock Grealish for that. Gotta give them a chance at some point otherwise you'd never be able to have players prove themselves.

I just don't get why you think there's a 'myth' floating about Grealish. Doesn't make sense. He's not in the squad by luck. He's there on merit and clearly a very influential player. He's proven that today.

The myth isn’t about his ability Stan, he’s never played in the Champions League, never played in big games to win the league, this is his first major international tournament and the only real competitions comparable to this are the big league titles and the Champions League. He just literally hasn’t had the chance to prove himself at the highest level yet, but pundits are still saying he’s made for something that they’ve never seen him do. That was it xD

Im glad he’s got the assist, hope it continues, didn’t doubt him, just said he was yet to actually prove himself at this level with goals or assists in the biggest games.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sweden, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Denmark. I mean, it’s a massive, massive opportunity, isn’t it?

There has never been a better chance in my lifetime to win a major tournament, no teams to "fear" until the final and we're playing back at Wembley after the QF.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

The myth isn’t about his ability Stan, he’s never played in the Champions League, never played in big games to win the league, this is his first major international tournament and the only real competitions comparable to this are the big league titles and the Champions League. He just literally hasn’t had the chance to prove himself at the highest level yet, but pundits are still saying he’s made for something that they’ve never seen him do. That was it xD

Im glad he’s got the assist, hope it continues, didn’t doubt him, just said he was yet to actually prove himself at this level with goals or assists in the biggest games.

I did think the "these are the occasions he was made for" comment was odd but the BBC do like getting carried away at times don't they.

Southgate has finally proven himself as a manager who can handle these games, I know Germany aren’t great at the moment but we ended up shutting that team out.

It is a shame that someone like Sancho can’t get a game, there has definitely been time for him to come on and do it, but today everything Southgate decided came off

• The topic was unpinned

Archived