talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 15 - 5-7th December, 2023

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

21 shots to 2. Sounds like Aston Villa should be winning by more.

They should. And those 2 shots for Man City were in the 11th minute. 

It's unheard of but it hasn't been luck for Villa. They've worked very hard throughout the whole game and every department been better than Man City. 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

21 shots to 2. Sounds like Aston Villa should be winning by more.

Diaby on for Bailey, not a bad substitution is it? Villa have a lot of quality in their team, it's not really surprising they've been playing so well.

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Fernandez is starting to look like a very expensive version of Mason Mount... 

I think it's weird Chelsea didn't do more to keep Mount considering, while he wasn't great last season, he'd performed well for Chelsea with a good amount of consistency in seasons past. And it's not like he's very old or has a horrible injury history.

I've thought it's strange for years that Chelsea have such a good academy and produce a lot of promising young players, but there's no real plan to keep them for very long and there's always the urge to bring in expensive players. Even someone like Tammy Abraham, who's not a top tier striker or anything, but certainly a capable enough squad player... him getting shifted out only for Chelsea to have other attacking players that come in that are similar - decent talent, not the best finishers. Would Chelsea have been better off persisting with Abraham?

Most clubs value their academy graduates... and I understand the psychology of wanting as many academy graduates as possible in the first team. I think they're the players most likely to give a shit about performances than others - they're more likely to have grown up being fans of that club and dreaming to play for that club. Chelsea seem to value them to an extent, until it looks like a decent profit can be made off them and shiny new expensive players can come in.

Fernandez had less than a year in Europe and a good World Cup. I think he's got loads of potential, but maybe it was a step too soon for the lad?

Idk what it's going to take to turn things around at Chelsea... but I definitely think the short termism that's plagued Chelsea for so long needs to be addressed and some actual long term thinking needs to be done at the club. I think it's remarkable how far from the top Chelsea have fallen in just a few short years.

On the plus side, City lost and it sounds like they should have lost by more. Hilarious. Hopefully this challenging period for Pep continues for as long as it can.

How bad defensively were both sides tonight. It was absolutely mental how many chances were spurned with poor final passes and poor finishing.

Like I said previously on here, this situation with United is crazy, the fact we aren't drawing games means the loses aren't putting us completely out of the picture.

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

Luiz hits the post. I can't remember the last time Man City were dominated to such an extent. Pretty much all the game. 

Me either. Annihalated in every department apart from the scoreboard.

Almost as if they missed an influential midfielder that gives them so much control in games.

On 04/12/2023 at 10:15, Cicero said:

Another match at Old Trafford against a United team we should be beating. 

2-0 United. 

On 04/12/2023 at 13:21, Cicero said:

It's so nailed on I am contemplating even watching. My daughter's swim competition as well and I don't want to go there in a bad mood. :4_joy:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I didn't watch!

Delighted. Honestly, perhaps slightly blemished that we didn't give them the drubbing nearly everyone else has taken at VP.

Arsenal at the weekend.. no reason why not more of the same.

Much like Unai, I don't quite accept we're in the title race. But, we finish where we finish. Good luck to any clubs supposedly wanting to entice any Villa individuals away from this joy ride anytime soon.

36 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ve said many times over the years we are potentially a massive club. We’re just waiting for the spark, it’s here 

You are a massive club, imo. Biggest club in the midlands, by far. Biggest club in one of the UK's biggest and most important cities. Always will be massive with that going for you, even if we ignore the fact you're former champions of Europe.

Fair play to Pep, his post match comments actually very complimentary & not full of sour grapes.

Rodri was a big absence. Phillips really needs to get himself out of there, regardless of the money.

For Villa, it is now 14 consecutive home wins. Which BBC Sport is now saying equals club record of 1903 & 1931. But fairly sure 13 had supposedly equalled 2 other joint records, so at this point I think they are just guessing.

Not sure if Diaby is one of those who had 'minor pain' or if Bailey is edging ahead right now.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

On the plus side, City lost and it sounds like they should have lost by more. Hilarious. Hopefully this challenging period for Pep continues for as long as it can.

People bang on about City's depth but as you could see last night we don't have any, a few injury's and suspensions and it turns to shit as you have just seen. while we are going through this normal sticky patch that hits us every season we just need to stay within 8pts of the leaders. De Bruyne is the missing spark, his season starts in a few weeks time

• The topic was unpinned