talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamie Carragher Caught Spitting at United Fans

• Administrator

From what I have seen reported, he was being 'goaded' by these fans (from where the video is filmed) and he's got rattled and reacted in this way. 

He has since apologised to the family and made no excuses for the actions. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is the video silent for anyone else?

Same here... 

It never ceases to amaze me some of the silly things people still do in this world even though just about every passer by is just waiting for one of those moments to upload on social media with his own camera in hand.. 

I appreciate he was probably pissed off if they were giving him crap but spitting is the lowest of the low in my book

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Same here... 

It never ceases to amaze me some of the silly things people still do in this world even though just about every passer by is just waiting for one of those moments to upload on social media with his own camera in hand.. 

I appreciate he was probably pissed off if they were giving him crap but spitting is the lowest of the low in my book

somewhat agree with this. why not save yourself the hassle and just drive off ahead of them? 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not defending Carragher's actions, because it's vile and disgusting, but it seems that it's become the norm to goad a famous person and hold a camera whilst doing so, in the hope you get some good footage, as the person above has done.

agree with this too. certainly looking for a reaction and got what they wanted. 

Disappointed that he's spat at them (scummy as fuck thing to do) but I'm not surprised that there's been some reaction to them being dickheads. Just cause he's famous doesn't give you free reign to insult him like that. Little manc bitch. 

Wish he had just told them to fuck off though instead. Glad he's apologised for the spitting.

8 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not defending Carragher's actions, because it's vile and disgusting, but it seems that it's become the norm to goad a famous person and hold a camera whilst doing so, in the hope you get some good footage, as the person above has done.

This is the way the world is. Plenty will not be satisfied until his career has been ended because of this. Such is the fucked up over reactionary bandwagonning world we live in these days. 

That said. Shocking behavior from carragher. Spitting is putrid.

Carragher's reaction is baffling really. He'll have heard and put up with far worse from the stands when he was playing. The dad doesn't come out of this work any credibility either though really. Filming while he's driving and knowing he's hit the jackpot when Carragher reacts. Didn't seem too bothered in that Mirror interview that his daughter had been spat at.

• Subscriber

Is there a scummier club than Liverpool? Seriously just in 2018 you’ve had Jon Flanagan brutally assaulting his girlfriend, Firmino accused of alleged racism, now Carragher spitting at a young girl. Something in the water up there 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Carragher's reaction is baffling really. He'll have heard and put up with far worse from the stands when he was playing. The dad doesn't come out of this work any credibility either though really. Filming while he's driving and knowing he's hit the jackpot when Carragher reacts. Didn't seem too bothered in that Mirror interview that his daughter had been spat at.

The thing is that any type of focus on what the father of the girl did is a subliminal excuse being fabricated for what Carragher has done.  There is no excuse for that and everyone during their life will have been abused in some manner or another without having resorted to spitting... Even worse, spitting at a child!  Forget how the other party comes out on this.  Carraghee has no excuse and his apology doesn't really go too far because it can be interpreted as saving face and trying not to put a bad mark on his persona.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Spitting is disgusting and one of the lowest things a human can do. There is no defence for this, even the goading.

Agreed completely. Despite how decent I have found him post-football, this is just horrible.

Archived