talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League - 2023-24 - Round 3 (Serie A)

• Subscriber

After your host has given himself a nice little winter break, Last Man Standing returns this week, and we're off to Italy.

@nudge @6666 @Viva la FCB @Michael @Bluewolf @Dan @CaaC (John) @...Dan @Whiskey @Pyfish @Tommy @DeadLinesman @Stan @Redcanuck @Rick @Rucksackfranzose @Lucas @Storts @N U F C

Any first timers welcome as always.

Preview - Gameweek One

A bit of a challenge ahead for the opening week as Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Lazio are taking part in the Supercoppa this weekend leading to a depleted Serie A schedule. However, I've decided to include these two semi-final fixtures as a one-off so everyone has the choice of 8 matches in the opening week (let's face it, based on past evidence, we need the help).

Thursday

Napoli vs Fiorentina

Friday

Inter vs Lazio

Saturday

Roma vs Hellas Verona

Udinese vs AC Milan

Sunday

Frosinone vs Cagliari

Empoli vs Monza

Salernitana vs Genoa

Lecce vs Juventus

My pick for Gameweek 1 is Roma. Good luck!

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Roma for me. Bit torn on this though, I'm not sure Mourinho going will have that big a lift on them, they seemed to quite like him despite things clearly being poor on the pitch. This is simply because Hellas Verona are woeful.

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek One

Casualties (0)

A rare perfect Gameweek from everyone, even those who claimed they were trying to get knocked out in Week One!

Survivors (17)

Only @Pyfish dabbled in the two extra Supercoppa fixtures before the weekend, backing Inter to great success as they dealt Lazio a 3-0 hammering. A lot of people put their faith in Daniele De Rossi's Roma this week, with their 2-1 win over Verona in the first Serie A match of the weekend securing survival for @RandoEFC, @Michael, @CaaC (John), @Tommy, @Stan, @Dan and @Redcanuck. A 93rd minute winner for Milan also saw @nudge, @6666 and @Bluewolf squeeze through on Saturday as they overcame Udinese 3-2. @Viva la FCB, @Rick and @Storts all backed Genoa against basement boys Salernitana, and Genoa's comeback win sees them clear the first hurdle. @...Dan was late with his prediction but we'll let it slide as he backed Juventus at half-time to go on to win at Lecce. @Rucksackfranzose and @Lucas also profited from Juve's 3-0 success having backed them pre-match, the old-fashioned approach.

2128146553_ScreenShot2024-01-23at12_42_33.png.b9ae33e31c879c7ccada6943e1b4c816.png

Preview - Gameweek Two

Below are the fixtures for Gameweek Two. It's a traditional fixture list this time with the Supercoppa over and done with.

Cagliari vs Torino

Atalanta vs Udinese

Juventus vs Empoli

AC Milan vs Bologna

Genoa vs Lecce

Hellas Verona vs Frosinone

Monza vs Sassuolo

Lazio vs Napoli

Fiorentina vs Inter

Salernitana vs Roma

My pick for Gameweek Two is Juventus. Good luck!

• Upvote 2