talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This is why I only go to booths now. It's simpler and easier.

I'd end up fighting in the likes of Asda, it's just not worth it mate. Booths is quieter and easy. Much better quality as well in fact, even if it is a bit more expensive.

No Booths are here in Jock land buddy, I even asked the wife and she said "err?...never heard of them" :D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Bit like Carnivore Chris mentioned above, if I need to do shopping it's either the small Tesco Express or Nisa nearby. After hearing the abuse my sister has had from the thick fucking cunts (from what she said), I can't be arsed with any of the main stores. 

Morrisons near me has been fine whenever I've gone. Same for Lidl. 

Not touched Tesco which usually would before COVID came along. But the queue is constantly massive so cba waiting. 

Issue with gloves is that it makes little difference in terms of washing your hands.

If you’re going to go into a shop and wear a pair of gloves specifically for it, shop inside and when done chuck them as soon as you finish then you’re less likely to spread anything or catch something yourself because youve only worn the same gloves in the shop.

But if you’re gunna wear gloves all day then really there’s no benefit over not wearing them as the gloves are still going to attract the disease the same as your hands would and they would remain on your hands for as longs as it takes for you to take them off...it’d be cleaner not wearing gloves and just washing your hands regularly

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Good news, my uncle left the hospital after 24 days. :)

On a negative note though, two of my sisters co-workers tested positive, my sister and another doctor are the only ones in their sector who still are able to work. It feels like it´s only a matter of time before she´s infected. :(

Brazil is on its way to overtake the US and become the epicenter of the disease in the coming weeks. It shouldn´t have come to this but unfortunately we have a sociopath as president. 

Fantastic news about your uncle!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Good news, my uncle left the hospital after 24 days. :)

On a negative note though, two of my sisters co-workers tested positive, my sister and another doctor are the only ones in their sector who still are able to work. It feels like it´s only a matter of time before she´s infected. :(

Brazil is on its way to overtake the US and become the epicenter of the disease in the coming weeks. It shouldn´t have come to this but unfortunately we have a sociopath as president. 

I finally get your Username and avatar xD

And that’s great news!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Danny said:

Issue with gloves is that it makes little difference in terms of washing your hands.

If you’re going to go into a shop and wear a pair of gloves specifically for it, shop inside and when done chuck them as soon as you finish then you’re less likely to spread anything or catch something yourself because youve only worn the same gloves in the shop.

But if you’re gunna wear gloves all day then really there’s no benefit over not wearing them as the gloves are still going to attract the disease the same as your hands would and they would remain on your hands for as longs as it takes for you to take them off...it’d be cleaner not wearing gloves and just washing your hands regularly

Even then, anything that was on the stuff you bought is still there, and anything that was on the stuff you touched (trolley, checkout touchscreen) is likely on the stuff you bought as well. I can understand why you'd want to use them for public transport, but they're basically only good for doing one very specific thing and before throwing them away. Better not touch your phone for the duration of your journey, by the way. You'd burn through them very quickly if you tried to use them in your daily life.

In general, I think you're better off not wearing them and just using the usual precautions

I know I'm late to the party but I don't have any issue with the policy of gradually loosening the social restrictions, which seems to be the crux of the issue. People are already stretching the rules, and to maintain credibility it makes sense to offer some minor relaxation of the guidance. 

The primary policy issue is the fuzziness around work - you cannot ask normal working people to go to work if they feel like they can. Most normal people do not get to call the shots about going to work or not - you have to tell their employers if they aren't or aren't allowed to call their employees in. Putting the onus on workers just means a lot of people who are scared for their jobs are going to go out, even if they don't feel it's the right thing to do. 

And you've got to be realistic that a lot of those people cannot walk, cycle or drive to work. The re-escalation of economic activity should be clearly defined and graduated so as not to create a dangerous transport situation, and you should work to improve public transport capacity and cycle infrastructure so to encourage the alternatives.

It doesn't seem like any real thought has been put into this. People are just being asked to make things work, without any real help or guidance, and without the surrounding station changing in any way. 

And then finally the messaging is just beyond mockery now. The government has obviously given up on speaking to us like adults.

Perhaps the country has given them justification for that, but it's still sad to see. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsinvolvingcovid19englandandwales/deathsoccurringinmarch2020

anybody thats wants some accurate data on Uk, there’s figures for March, where we got to about 3.3k deaths. Interestingly it appears pre existing health conditions in 91% of cases

55 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Even then, anything that was on the stuff you bought is still there, and anything that was on the stuff you touched (trolley, checkout touchscreen) is likely on the stuff you bought as well. I can understand why you'd want to use them for public transport, but they're basically only good for doing one very specific thing and before throwing them away. Better not touch your phone for the duration of your journey, by the way. You'd burn through them very quickly if you tried to use them in your daily life.

In general, I think you're better off not wearing them and just using the usual precautions

Yeah you’ve got to commit to washing your shopping when you get home too

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsinvolvingcovid19englandandwales/deathsoccurringinmarch2020

anybody thats wants some accurate data on Uk, there’s figures for March, where we got to about 3.3k deaths. Interestingly it appears pre existing health conditions in 91% of cases

My only issue with the pre existing health conditions line is this, my Dad is in his 60s and diabetic. He'll live for 20 more years probably. If he catches Corona and it does for him though, he will be included in this "well they would have died soon anyway" statistic. Unless I'm wrong about a condition like that being included in that category but I'd imagine that it does.

There was also some research last week about obesity making you more at risk of dying from the virus and we're not great on that front as a country which won't have helped.

In regards to food shopping, I’ve not had a problem. Think the maximum I’ve waited to get in was about 15 minutes at Tesco. If the queues are ridiculous, I just leave and go back again later. I actually think it’s quite a good way of doing things and find it a better experience than before. Only had one negative experience when there was far too many people in compared to what had become normal but I think they were told/realised as they went very strict again after. 

25 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s hilarious how Piers thinks continually trashing the government will make the masses think he doesn’t vote Tory and hopefully forget he hacked a dead kids mobile phone. Utter fucking scum.

He's a massive cunt and he's probably got an ulterior motive but he's one of the few holding the government to account properly on this. Rather this than those who you know who voted Tory either refuse to believe what you tell them or come out with 'we all need to come together and get behind the government'. I saw one the other day say that the leader of the opposition shouldn't be asking questions about that pre recorded farce on Sunday nightxD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

He's a massive cunt and he's probably got an ulterior motive but he's one of the few holding the government to account properly on this. Rather this than those who you know who voted Tory either refuse to believe what you tell them or come out with 'we all need to come together and get behind the government'. I saw one the other day say that the leader of the opposition shouldn't be asking questions about that pre recorded farce on Sunday nightxD

49 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Piers is a nice guy he just acts like a cunt to make a very good living :coffee:

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s hilarious how Piers thinks continually trashing the government will make the masses think he doesn’t vote Tory and hopefully forget he hacked a dead kids mobile phone. Utter fucking scum.

Not keen on him myself, He could be half decent if he didn't like the sound of his own voice so much and spent most of his time constantly badgering and interrupting people... He reminds me of that other twat Jeremy Kyle.. He makes some good points sometimes and he does tend to go for the jugular on subjects but then ruins it with his over loud attention seeking attitude 

• Upvote 1

Boris Johnsons message to the working classes:- Good luck out there!! 

Boris Johnson’s televised address left a nation baffled, but there was one message the clarity of which should not be doubted. If you are a middle-class professional, then you can keep safely working from home, and whether you venture outside for leisure, exercise or sunbathing is entirely up to you. For everybody else, it’s time to get back to work, and best of luck!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/boris-johnsons-message-to-the-working-class-good-luck-out-there/ar-BB13WVM3?ocid=spartanntp

• Upvote 2