talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How many matches did you watch?

football forum

How many matches of the World Cup did you watch?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How many matches did you watch?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Every game up until the 3rd matchday when obviously one in each group has to fall (though I did switch Argentina v Poland over to the other game), although I missed all of Brazil's group on the final day.

Didn't watch..
Netherlands 2-0 Qatar
USA 1-0 Iran
Tunisia 1-0 France
Costa Rica 2-4 Germany
Morocco 2-1 Canada
South Korea 2-1 Portugal
Cameroon 1-0 Brazil
Serbia 2-3 Switzerland

So I'm saying around 56.

No regrets. It was a very, very good World Cup. Probably the best I've seen.

I'll admit that I caved and watched the final.  But my reasoning is sincere... two of my boys (aged 15 and 11) have been increasingly interested in football over the past year and they were excited about watching Argentina play in the final.  They have been rooting for Messi since the first game of the tournament and although I had explained my reasoning to them they have watched the odd match themselves without me.  Yesterday they wanted to watch it and I took the time to sit down with them and we all three jumped up and down and shouted at the television for 3 hours.  It was a fantastic match and my oldest actually had tears of joy for Messi and Argentina.  Maybe it's corny af, I'm a hypocrite, and this story will end up on the "Didn't Happen of the Year" awards.  But it is what it is and I don't regret it.  

• Administrator
Just now, Coma said:

I'll admit that I caved and watched the final.  But my reasoning is sincere... two of my boys (aged 15 and 11) have been increasingly interested in football over the past year and they were excited about watching Argentina play in the final.  They have been rooting for Messi since the first game of the tournament and although I had explained my reasoning to them they have watched the odd match themselves without me.  Yesterday they wanted to watch it and I took the time to sit down with them and we all three jumped up and down and shouted at the television for 3 hours.  It was a fantastic match and my oldest actually had tears of joy for Messi and Argentina.  Maybe it's corny af, I'm a hypocrite, and this story will end up on the "Didn't Happen of the Year" awards.  But it is what it is and I don't regret it.  

Wow you'll go to all the lengths to prove you watch more football won't you :ph34r:.
SHAME!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wow you'll go to all the lengths to prove you watch more football won't you :ph34r:.
SHAME!

Tbf, it was the only match I watched this weekend.  Barring the Bengals hand-egg game yesterday evening off course.

All or them. Because unlike you heathens I welcome the Salafi Caliphate and rejoice when the decadence of western morality if undermined by their own hypocrisy and double standards, why you are probably reading this on an Apple device constructed by a Chinese child and wearing clothes sewn together by a one armed, one legged flying purple Bangladeshi child. If the pain isn’t seen, is it even suffering?

I think I must have seen close to 50.

The first round of games bar the odd few (Argies v Saudi, Japan v Germany) were pretty boring to be honest but it seemed to get going in the second round of group games.

Personally, if you look at it from just a football perspective, it was a success. Probably the best final we've had, quite a few upsets along the way, an African side making a semi for the first time, absolutely little trouble (probably due to banning booze at the ground), keeping it as a single city where most grounds were within decent proximity of Doha making it easy for travel worked surprisingly well. The atmosphere's have been pretty decent, but especially when Morocco, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina played. The officiating was a bit hit and miss for me but that can't always be helped.

If you watched a lot of it, I don't think you should be ashamed to say if you enjoyed it, I know I did and I've no qualms saying it.

If you didn't, that's totally fine and I respect that, no one needs to force their opinion of what's right or wrong on anyone. Each to their own end of the day.

Didn't watch any of them... That's not to say I didn't see any because they had it on the big screen in the canteen at work so it was unavoidable really but never went out my way to watch them, checked the results and saw a few articles about various games on my daily feed but other than that just glad it's over now... 

Had plenty of discussions at work about it obviously and pitched in with who I thought might beat who etc but that's about it.. 

• Subscriber

Pretty much all the weekend matches for group stage except the Canada and Germany groups I had to watch. nearly all I think of the knockout rounds I successfully avoided scores and pvr'rd and watched later. Stupid work gets in the way of things I like...

I watched it and I don't really feel like I broke my moral code... because I've already watched it hosted by Russia, I've seen F1 races hosted by shitty human rights abusers too...

and I watched probably about 50-60 matches. I thought it was an entertaining World Cup, made me think "maybe breaking up the season for the World Cup isn't so bad" either because so many players looked really sharp - although I'm sure by the end of the season we'll see more players who went looking fatigued as fuck.

I actually feel bad for football fans who missed out because their moral compass directed them away from this World Cup because missing that final or missing Morocco's run is missing out on some of the cooler historic moments of the World Cup generally... and if like football... those moments are cool to see tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived