talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - Season Five

football forum

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.b65e640b18ba6667527d6cb9a8e1a98e.png

Exactly a year to the day since we started the last season's game, let's get this one up and running ready for the new season to begin. In the four 'regular' versions of the game so far we've had a different winner for each. Will we have a fifth unique Gloryhunter Champion or will somebody become the first player to have 2 Gloryhunter titles?

image.thumb.png.42347652ef604106b4aac1caea03642c.png

How It Works

Precisely the same format as last year but for those who are unsure or who need a refresher:

• After receiving your initial team, you remain with them until they lose
  • In the event of a draw, you can decide whether to remain with your current club or move to the opposition
  • If you lose, you move to the team who beat you
  • Only competitive competitions count so friendly matches will not be counted

In terms of points, it mirrors actual football so 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.

There will be a transfer window in January where you can move teams but it comes at a cost which is announced before the window opens.

Your First Team

Each season, we've changed how teams are allocated - this year, the control is back over to you BUT you must choose a team within the following criteria:

• Your team must not play in the highest tier (so no Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Eredivisie etc)
  • No team can be picked by more than one player so it's first come first serve
  • Your teams opening fixture must be before September 4th.

This is to hopefully make it a little more competitive and fair, and we don't have people storming ahead with the top teams.

• Upvote 2

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
On 14/07/2023 at 17:30, CaaC (John) said:

Leeds for me.

How come you never tagged anybody young man? I only come across this by chance. :cardY:

I forgot to tag in the original post, and then thought I'd leave it a few days. 

Just going to tag everyone who has ever played Gloryhunter - if you want to play that's great but if not, don't worry I won't be offended, and I know some of the below aren't around anymore.

@Deco @Dr. Gonzo @Cicero @HawayTheLads @Batard @nudge @Fairy In Boots @DeadLinesman @Toinho @Mel81x @RandoEFC @Bluewolf @londonerlilie @Tommy @Eco @Dan @Beelzebub @LFCMadLad @Smiley Culture @Storts @Lucas @Drew @ROBBIEFC @Viva la FCB @Coma @N U F C

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
On 13/07/2023 at 11:47, Pyfish said:

No team can be picked by more than one player so it's first come first serve

On 13/07/2023 at 12:56, Stan said:

I'll choose Leicester :D 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Leicester please.

star-wars-maggie-smith.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...