Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

LMS League 2019-20 Round 7 (Primeira Liga)

Welcome to Portugal everyone!

An astonishing seven rounds reached already this season and it's only just the start of March. Hopefully somebody can put a better run together this time.

As usual, you pick a team. If they win, you survive, and if they don't, you're out. If we get down to less than 5 people the "first goalscorer" tie breaker will come into effect in case we have a week where all remaining competitors and wiped out at once.

All of those that have taken part so far this season: @Lucas @nudge @Eco @Tommy @Bluewolf @Michael @Storts @DeadLinesman @Stan @Rucksackfranzose @Dan @CaaC (John) @Azeem @JOSHBRFC @...Dan @Mel81x @Pyfish @SchalkeUK @Batard @Viva la FCB. As usual, any newbies are more than welcome to join as well.

Preview - Gameweek One

There are some games tonight and tomorrow to finish off the current set of fixtures, so this table will change slightly by the time our first set of fixtures get underway on Friday.

1343142758_ScreenShot2020-03-02at10_56_35.png.3055d7d54fc048805ced404d34f15ac0.png

272765880_ScreenShot2020-03-02at10_56_47.png.729b1e0aab14b2a1f29e6a9214342053.png

My pick for Gameweek One is Braga. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Vitoria Guimaraes please

Braga

Benfica please. 

Sporting CP 

Sporting Lisbon por favor!

Braga, please. 

Top four should all be absolute bankers. Therefore I'll go with 4th place - Sporting Lisbon.

Braga for me please.

Braga

Braga, you beauties!

For anyone else who has Sporting Lisbon, like me, this is the away form for the side they're playing at home today xD

image.png

So they're definitely gonna win...

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Aves are down to 9 men after 20 minutes.

If Lisbon don't win this I give up xD @SchalkeUK @Eco @Michael

Amazing that it is still 0-0 at half-time.

I expect Sporting to do the damage in the 2nd half after their manager gives them a rollocking at half-time!xD

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Aves are down to 9 men after 20 minutes.

If Lisbon don't win this I give up xD @SchalkeUK @Eco @Michael

Sporting Lisbon finally score in the 63rd minute through Andraz Sporar, their Slovenian striker. I expect more goals to follow!

Vetto scores Sporting's 2nd goal from the penalty spot, how long before the next goal for the capital club? The 1st goal was always going to be the hardest after Aves parked their 8 man bus in front of their goalie.

About time!

Results - Gameweek One

Casualties (3)

A fairly successful first weekend across the field sees just three people receive their marching orders from this round without scoring a point. @nudge's title hopes took a major blow on Saturday afternoon, as Benfica were only able to come away with a draw from Vitoria de Setubal. @JOSHBRFC and @Mel81x followed later that evening, as Porto missed the opportunity to stretch their lead at the top of the table, drawing 1-1 at home with Rio Ave.

The three of you are out of this round with zero points, bad luck and look out for the next round!

Survivors (17)

Friday's only fixture saw exactly half of our competitors get through the first week safely as Braga comfortably dispatched Portimonense 3-1, allowing @Lucas, @Tommy, @Bluewolf, @RandoEFC, @Storts, @DeadLinesman, @Rucksackfranzose, @CaaC (John), @Azeem and @Viva la FCB to watch on in comfort as their rivals faced their own trials throughout the remainder of the weekend. Following Saturday's casualties, it wasn't until Sunday afternoon when they were joined by a new batch of winners, @Eco, @Michael, @Stan, @Dan and @SchalkeUK the beneficiaries of Sporting's 2-0 win over nine-man Aves. The weekend's final fixture saw @...Dan and @Pyfish rewarded for their slightly riskier pick of Vitoria de Guimaraes, after the came from behind to win 2-1 at Pacos de Ferreira.

Congratulations, that's one point on the board and progress to Gameweek Two in the bag.

Preview - Gameweek Two

Below are your fixtures for Gameweek Two. Remember not to choose the same team again!

616486300_ScreenShot2020-03-08at21_57_22.png.7d4d6cfce02ed9d11e0e498e627fed2d.png

1907021499_ScreenShot2020-03-08at21_56_38.png.b6627390fdc830497a0207fb254afd9d.png

My pick for Gameweek Two is Benfica. Good luck!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4