talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

SANTIAGO (REUTERS) - Chilean President Sebastian Pinera announced a ban on public events with more than 500 people on Friday, as the government tries to curtail the spread of coronavirus even as massive social demonstrations are planned in the coming weeks.

Pinera also said people arriving in Chile from countries considered high-risk for the virus, including China, Italy and Spain, would have to quarantine for 14 days.

Chile has confirmed 43 cases of the coronavirus.

The ban on large public events, which will begin on Monday, could have implications for upcoming planned protests. Demonstrations began late last year over the high cost of living and inequality, in some cases attracting tens of thousands of people.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-03-13/chile-bans-large-public-events-over-coronavirus-fears-ahead-of-planned-protests

I'm genuinely worried for the Chileans. They are at 41 cases and the protests could make things explode there. I think their government has taken good measures unlike Brazil, but their country is out of control at the moment.

@Lucas @Dan @Stan @RandoEFC @Gunnersauraus @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @MUFC @Inverted @DeadLinesman @Rick @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Harvsky @Bluebird Hewitt @Smiley Culture @Storts @Chaaay AFC @Panna King @Burning Gold @ScoRoss @Rab @6666 @Michael @Pyfish @Fairy In Boots @Happy Blue @True Blue @The Palace Fan

Apologies if I missed anyone, but the message is the same for each.

Looks like the virus situation is getting worse, the WHO criticized the UK government's reaction and now footballers have gotten the virus in the UK. Exceeded over 1000 cases. I just wanted to wish you all your safety. I may have never met any of you, and maybe never will but I still care and hope you stay clear of the issue just as I would all my friends and family.

Stay at home, wash your hands and don't panic. Stay clear of others and keep them safe just as you should save yourselves.

Best regards. Everything will be alright.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

What the fuck is wrong with people?

I saw videos about fist fights in Australia over toilet paper as well. It's not just the one I posted earlier. I think the virus has really just made people stupider,.

• Administrator

My end client has asked all employees and contractors to work from home until the 15th April. Given I'm a consultant by trade, I'm fairly limited in what I can do from home given I facilitate a lot of meetings and coach individuals and groups. Financially this is a massive concern for my business.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

@Lucas @Dan @Stan @RandoEFC @Gunnersauraus @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @MUFC @Inverted @DeadLinesman @Rick @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Harvsky @Bluebird Hewitt @Smiley Culture @Storts @Chaaay AFC @Panna King @Burning Gold @ScoRoss @Rab @6666 @Michael @Pyfish @Fairy In Boots @Happy Blue @True Blue @The Palace Fan

Apologies if I missed anyone, but the message is the same for each.

Looks like the virus situation is getting worse, the WHO criticized the UK government's reaction and now footballers have gotten the virus in the UK. Exceeded over 1000 cases. I just wanted to wish you all your safety. I may have never met any of you, and maybe never will but I still care and hope you stay clear of the issue just as I would all my friends and family.

Stay at home, wash your hands and don't panic. Stay clear of others and keep them safe just as you should save yourselves.

Best regards. Everything will be alright.

Thanks. I hope/think we'll be okay.

I think it goes beyond just UK members on here though, not just because WHO criticised UK government's reaction. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

Thanks. I hope/think we'll be okay.

I think it goes beyond just UK members on here though, not just because WHO criticised UK government's reaction. 

The Germans and Americans we have on here might be in for it too, but given it's mostly a UK forum that's why I sent the message to you. I wish for all your safety.

6 minutes ago, Machado said:

Excuse the ignorance, what determines the fatality rate? SARS had less than 1000 deaths in the 2003 outbreak and it had a 9.6% chance or mortality. Maybe I'm just really bad at math but an average seems difficult to calculate.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Excuse the ignorance, what determines the fatality rate? SARS had less than 1000 deaths in the 2003 outbreak and it had a 9.6% chance or mortality. Maybe I'm just really bad at math but an average seems difficult to calculate.

Number of deaths ÷ number of confirmed cases x 100.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Gun fight in Toronto grocery store

14 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I saw videos about fist fights in Australia over toilet paper as well. It's not just the one I posted earlier. I think the virus has really just made people stupider,.

Those who do this are just thick cunts anyway. First world problems and all that. 

And cheers as well @Inti Brian. Wales hasn't been too badly hit as of yet, though has had a sharp increase in the last day or so. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's probably worth noting that those new cases are the results of the tests that happened some 5 days ago as it takes them that long to confirm the results (backlog due to high number of tests performed). So hopefully if the containment measures are working we should see a drop in new daily cases in about a week. Fingers crossed.

• Administrator

Feel sorry for those passengers on Jet2 airlines on their way to Spain that got told, mid-air, they had to go back because of the lockdown Spain initiated :o

Although having said that, because of how many cases are happening in Spain, maybe it's not such a bad thing!

This time last week, I had just been to see loads of sights, to the beach and was at Camp Nou watching the game, everything was normal, even though an outbreak happening was inevitable. Just a week later and the whole city is shut, with only pharmacies and supermarkets open, all sport suspended and signs up everywhere advising people to stay at home unless it's essential.

It's only going to be the same here though very soon mind. We are simply just a bit behind Spain, that's all and it'll be total lockdown for us soon unfortunately.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Tesco shelves were empty with no toilet rolls, all we did was nip into FarmFoods and managed to get some, I would love to sneak into someone's house that was panic buying toilet rolls and stacking them in a cupboard, nick them all and stick this onto there toilet roll holder. :ay:

awareness.jpg

• Administrator

We order pretty much everything off of Amazon or Ocado, so we're hopeful we have everything we need already in case of a lockdown. That said, getting toilet roll delivered proved quite the challenge. Usual supplier went from 3 day turnaround to a month!