talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan's PL Prediction League 2023/24 - Sign-up Thread

• Administrator

In

@Stan Not sure if you agree but I was thinking last year, do you think its time to give a bit more emphasis on those who get bang on scores? 

If you get a bang on score say of 3-2 and 3pts, then someone gets 2pts by saying 1-0, seems a bit less rewarding.

Perhaps the points for a bang on score could go up? 

I don't know, what do you reckon?

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

In

@Stan Not sure if you agree but I was thinking last year, do you think its time to give a bit more emphasis on those who get bang on scores? 

If you get a bang on score say of 3-2 and 3pts, then someone gets 2pts by saying 1-0, seems a bit less rewarding.

Perhaps the points for a bang on score could go up? 

I don't know, what do you reckon?

Open to suggestions and if people are willing to have it change, but would need to be clear on what the threshold would be 

What warrants a bonus for a 'better' bang on score - Any 2-2, 3-3 and any score-draws above; 3-2, 4-3, 5-3, 5-2 etc.

• Administrator

The other thing I was thinking of introducing is a Bonus Question for each game-week - I'd only add this in if there's a majority. If people just want to keep it fixtures only, I'm happy with that.

Bonus questions may include questions around yellow cards, red cards, first goal, last goal, total goals etc...

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

The other thing I was thinking of introducing is a Bonus Question for each game-week - I'd only add this in if there's a majority. If people just want to keep it fixtures only, I'm happy with that.

Bonus questions may include questions around yellow cards, red cards, first goal, last goal, total goals etc...

I’d rather keep on just fixtures stan. Can only speak for me personally but bonus questions would put me off 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

I’d rather keep on just fixtures stan. Can only speak for me personally but bonus questions would put me off 

100%. Not a fan of that otherwise it kinda takes away the format of it.

Kinda like Super 6 really @Stan where you get more rewarded for bang on scores than you do just picking the right results.

There was an occasion last season I saw someone have 3 perfect scores, got 9pts and I had 3 results that got me 6pts.

Seemed a bit harsh and I thought about it since. Getting a perfect score should be rewarded more.

Perhaps 4pts, or could easily just use the Super 6 system of 5pts bang on, 2pts for the result.

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Storts said:

This makes me more tempted to do it :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Agree not particularly arsed about bonus questions - not knocking it as a general thing but I like the simplicity of this prediction league and I also quite like the format of the points scoring. I think 3 points for 3-2 and 2 for 1-0 for example is fine because you've got the gist of the game correct even if not the goal tally. I've actually nicked this points format for my own family one this season where we'll predict all 46 results of ours in preseason and then laugh about it after we finish 14th.

I'm considering bringing back the tipping game this season. Will run that again if there's interest there - basically you're allocated a hypothetical £10 each week to place on a single or double bet and the league table is less about your frequency of wins but your overall balance, so you can actually win the league by losing the least xD you also don't have to play every week, as yet again, simply not losing can be king.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Agree not particularly arsed about bonus questions - not knocking it as a general thing but I like the simplicity of this prediction league and I also quite like the format of the points scoring. I think 3 points for 3-2 and 2 for 1-0 for example is fine because you've got the gist of the game correct even if not the goal tally. I've actually nicked this points format for my own family one this season where we'll predict all 46 results of ours in preseason and then laugh about it after we finish 14th.

I'm considering bringing back the tipping game this season. Will run that again if there's interest there - basically you're allocated a hypothetical £10 each week to place on a single or double bet and the league table is less about your frequency of wins but your overall balance, so you can actually win the league by losing the least xD you also don't have to play every week, as yet again, simply not losing can be king.

I liked the tipping game, would be in for that 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

I'd be up for the tipster game.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Lucas said:

100%. Not a fan of that otherwise it kinda takes away the format of it.

Kinda like Super 6 really @Stan where you get more rewarded for bang on scores than you do just picking the right results.

There was an occasion last season I saw someone have 3 perfect scores, got 9pts and I had 3 results that got me 6pts.

Seemed a bit harsh and I thought about it since. Getting a perfect score should be rewarded more.

Perhaps 4pts, or could easily just use the Super 6 system of 5pts bang on, 2pts for the result.

I'd prefer 4 pts for exact; 2 points for result & goal-difference; 1 point for correct score. I'll put it to a poll... 

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Pretty much the crux of the current system.

• Subscriber
On 13/07/2023 at 00:38, Dan said:

As promised;