Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

First Goal

A new competition to be in place til the end of the season!

Fairly simple rules as so:

• One game will be chosen by me with at least 3 days notice
  • Games chosen will be from any competition around the world, usually with some significance or a game of high importance if possible
  • Players will get 2 points if they get the correct minute the first goal in the game is scored in
    • If it is a 0-0 draw and you predict 'No goal scored', you will also get 2 points.  
  • Players will get 1 point if they are up to 2 minutes out either way i.e. goal scored in 30th minute and predictions are for 28, 29, 31 and 32 minutes.
  • The official goal-time will be taken from flashscores.com
  • It goes without saying that the more often you predict in the competition for each game the more likely you are to finish top.
  • PRIZES - At the end of the season, 1st place will receive a £20 voucher from a retailer of their choice; 2nd place will receive £10 voucher from retailer of their choice. 

This original post will be kept up to date with tables and chosen games in addition to posts made etc.

All you have to do is post the minute for each game in which you think the first goal will be scored in - it really is that simple :) . You do not need to post which team, scorer or how the goal will be scored, just the minute!

Completed games:
Game 1 - (18/02/2020) Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool - First goal scored in 4th minute. Winner - @Rucksackfranzose who guessed 3rd minute. 

----------------------------------

GAME 2 - CHELSEA vs BAYERN MUNICH (Kick-off 20.00 (GMT)) - TUESDAY 25th FEBRUARY, 2020

Please also note that any predictions after kick-off will not be accepted.

TABLE:
@Rucksackfranzose - 1 point

5 minutes ago, Stan said:
  • Players will get 1 point if they are up to 2 minutes out either way i.e. goal scored in 30th minute and predictions are for 28, 29, 31 and 32 minutes.
  • It goes without saying that the more often you predict in the competition for each game the more likely you are to finish top.

It goes without saying that most of us could have worked out what two minutes either way was without you feeling the need to explain it in such detail... 

I will go 27 minutes

58th minute

FYI @Stan

Just a thought. Maybe you could make it a little easier to get points?

3pts for bang on.

2pts for 2mins either side of the minute.

1pt for 5mins either side.

Don't want to tred on your toes though so if not, ignore everything I said....bar my prediction xD

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It goes without saying that most of us could have worked out what two minutes either way was without you feeling the need to explain it in such detail... 

I will go 27 minutes

You'd be surprised with some people on here :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

58th minute

FYI @Stan

Just a thought. Maybe you could make it a little easier to get points.

3pts for bang on.

2pts for 2mins either side of the minute.

1pt for 5mins either side.

Don't want to tred on your toes though.

I did think about different scoring systems - thought 5 mins would be too much either way. I wanted to make it challenging for you all :P

I will go for the 18th minute

• Haha 1

53rd

Only a few days to go if anyone still wants to take part :)

Forgot all about this, looking forward to who picks the winner, as an outsider I mentioned it to our son who is a Liverpool supporter and he said the 23rd minute, I will have to keep him posted on the outcome. 

Go on then...

25th min.

@Stan just a question. I put in 47th minute. Does that mean i get two chances? Added time in the first half and the 2nd minute of the second half?

55th